Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 12/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, iamsuperdan said:

This old beast rolled into the shop today.

F600. I'm guessing early 70s?

In decent shape, all things considered.

I like these old trucks.

20221205_074154.jpg

20221205_074212.jpg

]20221205_074202.jpg

20221205_074223.jpg

1973 or newer, judging by the body contours.

My brother-in-law in Airdrie has a similar version sitting in his yard since the mid-90s. I'm amazed at how nice a shape it's still in.

I have so much respect for these little trucks... they are absolutely the toughest things on 4 wheels. I've saw them used for almost everything from campers like this,  to box trucks, to tow trucks, and even "light tanks" in some of the less stable areas of the world.

My buddies granddad owned one that was a blood red box truck we called "the red barron" it has over 700k on the odometer and still keeps going somehow. It's been hit, caught on fire and partially submerged and still goes.

So every time I see one in their various regalia it makes me smile and laugh 😊 

20210410_171017.thumb.jpg.162839dc4e5df68c1a760084ff423aca.jpg

• Like 1

Saw a couple sharp older trucks in parking lots this afternoon. A very clean ‘92-96 Ford F150 XLT regular cab long bed in an unusual two tone—like an orange with tan insert down the side.  Looked like original paint.   Later saw a clean mid 90s teal GMC Yukon 2dr w/ 6.5 turbo diesel decals. Don’t recall ever seeing a 2dr GM diesel SUV. 

45 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Folks, the no politics, and no religion rules should be well known to you all. You agreed to them when you signed up. If there is anything political in the US, it's firearms. You all know better. Don't discuss them any further. Period. 

Sorry Dave, I know better.

won't happen again.

Certainly one of the more odd/unusual things I've seen on the road. I had to look it up once I got home. Vixen motorhome. BMW diesel powered. I wish I could've got more pics but I had places to be, the rain didn't help either. The 2nd pic is from Wikipedia.

Vixen_21_TD_Classic-Gala_2021_1X7A0067.jpg

20221213_151900_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

Santa Rosa, CA.  I consider myself pretty well versed on (especially) old cars but I'm not quite sure what this is.  Nash?  Packard?  Plymouth?  2nd or 3rd time I've seen it but first time the Gods smiled on me for a photo.

tvb6W3Bl.jpg

Packard Clipper, probably 1948 or so. You don't see many of those on the road!

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 9:36 PM, RSchnell said:

Packard Clipper, probably 1948 or so. You don't see many of those on the road!

My great aunt and uncle had one of these Packards.  According to my dad they never figured out how to make the heater work and always carried a horse blanket in the front seat, literally.