Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 10/23/2022 at 4:13 AM, CabDriver said:

Both spotted in the grocery store’s parking lot this morning - one of those little Slingshot three wheelers, and a cool old 90s Saab.  Apparently those Saabs are pretty quick, and take to tuning well!

EF0622D9-C585-44F8-B151-8E2464B160E5.jpeg

D379C7F1-CA9B-4F2C-9A6F-7F39B03BBF2E.jpeg

Love that Saab. I had a 900SE 5 door and it handled really well.

steve

• Like 1

I saw this on the road, as I was sat in it as a passenger hurtling round the local tarmac at incredible speeds! Blimey it’s fast and sticks to the road like the proverbial to a blanket.

Roger, my mate and the owner, also has a sprint racer Caterham and has threatened me with a trip round a track in that.

I have wanted a 7 since I was 10 years old but never had the means or space to own one. This was my first trip in one.

steve

BE8871C3-43EB-4C1A-B5FF-E64CCFB5E7F2.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/26/2022 at 2:54 PM, Earl Marischal said:

I saw this on the road, as I was sat in it as a passenger hurtling round the local tarmac at incredible speeds! Blimey it’s fast and sticks to the road like the proverbial to a blanket.

Roger, my mate and the owner, also has a sprint racer Caterham and has threatened me with a trip round a track in that.

I have wanted a 7 since I was 10 years old but never had the means or space to own one. This was my first trip in one.

steve

BE8871C3-43EB-4C1A-B5FF-E64CCFB5E7F2.jpeg

Careful with those!

Start riding around in one and the next thing you know, you're trapped in a strange village with a number for a name. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Saw this wild looking ice blue 2023 McLaren yesterday at a shopping center.I ran into the owner who said that it was just bought in CT,and that he paid around $450K for it,with all the options he got.Sounds a little high in the price,but then again i don’t know much about McLarens.

7BDE5351-12BF-4486-A942-12038CF1CDAD.jpeg

• Like 1

Walking into the Fleet Farm last night, stopped and chatted with the owner of an all numbers matching, fairly original (convertible top replaced, stainless brake and fuel lines, epoxied frame) 1965 GTO. Charcoal blue, dark (blue or black) interior with a white top. He bought it in the early 80s, has owned it since. Original tri-power motor, 4 speed, all drum brakes. Still has the AM radio. Had aftermarket 5 spoke grey (day 2ish) wheels. All numbers matching and documented from Pontiac. Stunning car to me.

He offered it for sale, I didn't even ask a number. A truly beautiful car. And I completely forgot to take any pics.

19 hours ago, Calb56 said:

Earlier this week, I saw this in Tucson. I was disappointed my son didn't know what it was when I texted him pics.20221030_131422.thumb.jpg.a33db4ede30ee7997a72ff4c79b5c92d.jpg20221030_131410.thumb.jpg.406953c8b8ea91a77aa5b3f7fe5eaa71.jpg

I think you have to be of a curtain age to know what an S type was. This looks the part, but it was common to make a regular Barracuda look like an S type back in the day.