Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Oh, geez.

Quite a lot.

AMT '41 Plymouth, AMT Fruitwagon (this time my father is going to build one of them... he's making the C-Cab :lol:,) the AMT Ecto-1/1A, the Revell '59 Caddy Seville, a Midwest miter box and an Excel razor saw (other one was dull,) and some more sanding films.
At Harbor Freight, I got a little 4" table saw for $37 (I think it was) with a one-year replacement plan. Cuts pretty well with low noise.

Some more old "junk". Rough box on the Eldorado,but the kit is very good condition. Was hoping for a 67 but the 68 is close to identical.

The other is a 61 Bonneville convertible,i got it reasonable because of the windsheild,another challenge i guess. Now i finally have all

61-64 Bonneville. 

The plan is, as you might have guessed, to try to use the Prelude engine and chassis underneath the Accord body. Yes, yes I know that although the Accord and prelude are related cars, mine two represent different generations. 

That Prelude looks like a nice model and as you said, these are getting rare, so I'd be inclined to keep it intact.  Create an eBay search agent and see what you find. I have several for some pretty obscure kits and I get an email when they find one. You may get lucky and find a parts car cheap.  

Edited by Tom Geiger

11994222_1172973999395844_835978997_n.jp

The other is a 61 Bonneville convertible,i got it reasonable because of the windsheild,another challenge i guess. Now i finally have all

61-64 Bonneville. 

Good luck with the Bonneville - are you going to kitbash it with the new '61 Catalina? If not, the AMT '62 Impala would provide a windshield frame. Use the glass you have if you can save it - the Impala frame is wider at the base and it will fit, but it's tough to make the Impala glass fit.

Good luck with the Bonneville - are you going to kitbash it with the new '61 Catalina? If not, the AMT '62 Impala would provide a windshield frame. Use the glass you have if you can save it - the Impala frame is wider at the base and it will fit, but it's tough to make the Impala glass fit.

Will be using the original chassis on this one. Nice tip on the Impala windshield frame,i do have a donor somewhere. I do plan on using Catalina donor for a 62 Bonneville convertible,but i need two chassisplates to make a nice fit since the Bonneville got longer wheelbase and rear deck then the Catalina. 

Edited by om617

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...