Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

3 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

X2. Would be nice to see an XJ Cherokee as well, which it appears as though Round2 is taking that into consideration. 

I ageee,someone should make a model of an XJ Cherokee.Two or four door..Maybe it could be built two ways,stock,and lifted.Still waiting for a company,like maybe (Revell),for example, to release one.Tick tock,tick tock.Lol.🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Before any company makes a new release from beginning to end it needs to be able to make into many different variants..A one of ISN'T going to happen and neither is a "C" body Dodge,Plymouth or Chrysler..Even though the Dodge and Plymouth could be made into police vehicles..

Not necessarily if the subject has excellent international appeal. Tamiya's McLaren Senna kit for instance. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:01 AM, moparfarmer said:

Before any company makes a new release from beginning to end it needs to be able to make into many different variants..A one of ISN'T going to happen and neither is a "C" body Dodge,Plymouth or Chrysler..Even though the Dodge and Plymouth could be made into police vehicles..

Sucks because a 67-69 valiant would be awesome. I've been searching for a resin with no luck 😕

My wish list unprioritized:

- Ferrari 250 P -63/ -275 P -64
  Last factory Ferrari to win LeMans outright, -65 winner NART entry
  The -63/-64 winner the same car, engine changed to larger 275. *
  The only Ferrari to win LeMans twice, only one of three cars in all the years of LeMans

- Shelby Daytona Coupe 

- Jaguar D-type
   Or at least reissue of the Revell XKSS

- Pontiac -63
   with proper NASCAR & Drag equipment

- Petty Plymouth -64 and Dave Pearson / Cotton Owens Dodge -64
   with proper NASCAR equipment

On 1/5/2022 at 5:27 PM, alexis said:

Of Course, you can dream!

The Number One car on my list of Dream Models is the 1912 Mercer Raceabout, in 1/25 Scale to go with the MPC Stutz Bearcat.

It'll never happen, but like you, I can dream.

I could get behind a 1/25 Mercer as well.  Maybe the folks at ICM are the ones to talk to?

I would like to see more modern trucks in 1/25 scale other than the International LoneStar & ProStar.  Not that I didn't appreciate Moebius making these, I did, and I bought them; but maybe some more modern Freightliner, Mack, or Paccar trucks would be nice.

While I'm dreaming, I'd also like to see some modern F1 & Indy cars in 1/25 scale, not that odd-ball 1/20 scale.

11 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

A back-dated Gremlin (1970-1973) would be dynamite, too.  Other than the promo, was a stock Hornet ever available in kit form? 

I can't think of any kit other than the Johan/AMT Hornet funny car. I'm pretty sure that was just a promo body, mated to one of their FC chassis.

Let me add (again).  ANY up to date-as in any year model of the past 10 years-American made full size pickup.  Ford, Chevy/GM, Dodge; any of them.  The larger ones like the F-250, 2500 etc would be a bonus.  With the exception of the Revell Raptor snap kit and the Meng F-350 I can't think of any recent kits.

Edited by The Junkman
  • Like 1

In reviewing these comments and suggestions, it strikes me that there is virtually no consensus on just a few key topics that the kit manufacturers could commit to scale styrene.   But then again, participants in this forum are a very small, while very sophisticated and well educated, faction of the model car kit hobby.   In that view, the wide variety of kit ideas and subjects voiced here makes sense, I guess.   TIM 

With Moebius coming out with the Nova Gasser and a Dodge Coronet AWB car, my list would be for Moebius to make the following:

1965 Mustang A/FX car

1966 Mercury Comet flip-top car

1965 Chevelle AWB

1965 GTO AWB

1965 Barracuda that could be built as the Hemi Cuda II or Bob Sullivan's Pandemonium

Not a complete list, just personal preferences I came up with drinking my first cup of coffee, on a lazy Sunday morning and in random order.

Enjoy and love to get feedback!

Mods:

Revell '70 'Cuda into a '71 (in the budget include a cosmetic retool of the '70)

Revell '94 Chevy Impala SS into a '96 Impala and Caprice police car

Revell '66 Pontiac GTO into a '67

Revell '69 Chevelle into a '70 using data from the WOF kit

Round-2 '66 Fairlane into a '67 Fairlane 500 XL 427 R code (in the budget include the cost for a DLO correction)

Round-2 '68-'69 Plymouth Satellite into a '70 (in the budget include the cost for a reskin of the '68-'69)

Round-2 '71 Charger R/T into a Super Bee 

Round-2 '71 Charger R/T into a '71-72 Plymouth Satellite

Round-2 '67 Mustang FB into a coup, stock and drag racing, (in the budget include cost for enhancing the FB kit, like the optional ribbed tailpanel)

Round-2 '78ish Ford Camper special into a shortbed style- and flareside ( in the budget include new grilles covering several model years, and a DLO correction)

Note: these are additional versions, thus not destroying current tooling, just mods to enhance and extra satellite tooling to make them more versatile.

All new:

'68-'70 Dodge Coronet

'70-'74 Challenger

'72-'92ish Dodge pickup/Ramchargers (co-developing with a company that does 1/35 military model kits)

'73-'85ish Chevy C/K series pickups and Blazers, (co-developing with a company that does 1/35 military model kits)

'87-'96 Ford Bronco (Including Police/Sheriff/Border patrol versions and a OJ special) and F-series pickups

'68-'72 Pontiac GTO

'71-'81 Pontiac Firebird

Note: these are generations, so modular tooling clusters and clever engineering to maximise return on investment

Improved reverse engineering:

-    MPC ‘72-78 Dodge custom panel van
-    AMT ‘67-68 Mercury Cougar
-    MPC ’66 Pontiac Bonneville
-    MPC ’69 Chevy Impala
-    MPC ’71, ’72 & 73 Impala
-    AMT ’66 Mercury Comet
-    Jo-Han’70-71 Cadillac Deville
-    Jo-Han ’68-70 AMC AMX
-    Jo-Han ’72 Ford Gran Torino
-    Amt ’66 Buick Skylark

Note: Anything Jo-Han is very unlikely, but it's nice to dream, isn't it?!  ;)

Edited by Luc Janssens
grammar and some editing.