Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stanfding or setting?

Airbrushing- Sitting or Standing?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find it best to sit or stand while airbrushing?

• Stand
    • Sit

11 minutes ago, peter31a said:

My spray booth area was designed with sitting to paint in mind. But I now find I prefer to stand which now means bending over to do the painting.

I elevated mine on a box, a HLJ box in fact:lol:,  you can see it in the air compressor videos I did.

My standing has as much todo with my Paint Booth location. I have what would be the equivalent of a one car garage under our home that is used for garden equipment and mowers. I have set aside a shelving unit near the exterior door to throw the exhaust hose from the Spray Booth and the Air Compressor shares the same shelve along with the Dehydrator for drying.  

I stoofd... that's a combination of standing and stooping.  I have a home made spray booth that is sitting on a table in my model room. It's at a bad height.  I am in the process of changing around some of the furniture in my model room, so I will be swapping in a taller piece, an old microwave cart, so I'll be at counter height for standing.  

I may just splurge and get myself a real spray booth for Christmas. 

To echo what Dale said, I definitely sit. My paint booth sits on one of my work tables and it requires me to sit. In fact, I literally just finished painting my Corvette resto a half hour ago and I sat the whole time.

Like Snake said however, if I'm rattlecanning something (like red oxide primer on a chassis), I'll stand to do that as I'll usually paint outside if it's a nice day. I'd love to one day get a stand-up painting booth with full ventilation (we had one where I used to work). It would be kinda nice to have free range of motion when painting and not restricted to a cube------albeit somewhat large like my paint booth.