Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2019

Mr mopar

8 hours ago, iBorg said:

I do this printing stuff for a living. The USA decals ARE NOT out of register.

That is exactly what I'm saying!  It was not me who said that they were out of register - I keep saying that those decals are printed using different artworks!

15 hours ago, iBorg said:

I do this printing stuff for a living. The USA decals ARE NOT out of register. If they were, they would show slight errors in several places, not the large error of the arrow. Wat they are, is poorly designed. Maybe the slam locks are correct for some liveries. Or maybe this was a way to justify to American modelers to buy the RoG kit.

Ok so the pics of the US decals shown in this thread are NOT out of register. They are actually decent prints. The whole "out of register" came from a FB group of a guy that got one of the first US releases and his decals were definitely out of register. You can plainly see the mis-alignment of the colour layers. A few other have posted pics of theirs being the same way. Here are three pics from the guy off of FB that got some off register decals. He's not the only one. Note they're a bit blurry and not my pics. 

10821332_7374464928905691136_o-vi.jpg

87487981_1102276053411299328_o-vi.jpg

070821326_532656312132042752_o-vi.jpg

I do think the artwork on the US sheet is different too. The arrows for the slam locks are clearly printed off the locks on the US sheet and are red as opposed to the yellow on the Germany sheet. No idea why this would be because in 2017 when this car ran I don't believe that any of the slam locks had red arrows on them in either WEC or IMSA. Now in 2018 the Daytona cars had red arrows with a white outline, this is the 2018 24hrs of Daytona GTLM winner. 

click2-vi.jpg

You can see the red arrows on the locks, but the Revell kit is representing the 2017 Le Mans car so the sheet is wrong. And the arrow should be on the locks not pointing at them. 

Edited by Jhedir6

On 5/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Jhedir6 said:

Ok so the pics of the US decals shown in this thread are NOT out of register. They are actually decent prints. The whole "out of register" came from a FB group of a guy that got one of the first US releases and his decals were definitely out of register. You can plainly see the mis-alignment of the colour layers. A few other have posted pics of theirs being the same way. Here are three pics from the guy off of FB that got some off register decals. He's not the only one. Note they're a bit blurry and not my pics. 

10821332_7374464928905691136_o-vi.jpg

87487981_1102276053411299328_o-vi.jpg

070821326_532656312132042752_o-vi.jpg

I do think the artwork on the US sheet is different too. The arrows for the slam locks are clearly printed off the locks on the US sheet and are red as opposed to the yellow on the Germany sheet. No idea why this would be because in 2017 when this car ran I don't believe that any of the slam locks had red arrows on them in either WEC or IMSA. Now in 2018 the Daytona cars had red arrows with a white outline, this is the 2018 24hrs of Daytona GTLM winner. 

click2-vi.jpg

You can see the red arrows on the locks, but the Revell kit is representing the 2017 Le Mans car so the sheet is wrong. And the arrow should be on the locks not pointing at them. 

My Revell US decal sheet is not out of register like the images above; the decals are perfectly aligned with their respective white backgrounds. However, the white lettering on the all white decals is actually pretty bad. It's like they're horribly out of focus and lack any sort of clarity. I tried applying some of those decals to the engine and chassis parts but gave up because they looked so bad. So, add that to the list of Revell US decals that are out of register, missing, or inaccurate. I'm patiently waiting for a small envelope from Revell Germany...

Edited by Turberticus

A lot of tractor kits, recently. I just grabbed the Heller Ferguson double kit, and will get the Porsche tractor, and this new one.

I grew up using farm tractors, so these should be fun builds, for a change of pace!

YEEESH, those domestic-market Ford GT decals...

maybe the slam locks aren't out of register, but there's no denying the REST of that dreck posted above IS.

Like I said, you wanna get after another livery from an aftermarket supplier, the Revell US kit is probably a better bet for that purpose - though of course, if you go in with that specific objective, your kit-supplied decals will likely turn out just fine.

RMX-4416-2.jpg

I too was hoping they'd fix those wheel wells, but that's not the case unfortunately. :(

Still this is a MUCH better version this time around than the original abomination that they foisted on us years ago!

50 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Oh well, nothing a sanding block won't fix.

Oh yeah and while I'm at it..........do something with those quarter window corners. ;)

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

RMX-4416-2.jpg

I too was hoping they'd fix those wheel wells, but that's not the case unfortunately. :(

Still this is a MUCH better version this time around than the original abomination that they foisted on us years ago!

Oh yeah and while I'm at it..........do something with those quarter window corners. ;)

Given that this is the third attempt at this subject for Revell, I really hope they nail it because I doubt we will get a fourth attempt. :D 

Looks good, and the box art is really nice! It is probably too much to ask to get staggered tire sizes from front to rear.

8 minutes ago, Hawk312 said:

Looks good, and the box art is really nice! It is probably too much to ask to get staggered tire sizes from front to rear.

Yes, I have to say that box art is one of their nicer ones in recent memory! It looks as though the tires are the same size on all fours. Knowing how Revell is with their tires, I doubt they'd go through the trouble and they may not have taken note. No biggie............I've got PLENTY 'o tires to pick from if/when the time comes for me to build it.

Edited by MrObsessive

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

Yes, I have to say that box art is one of their nicer ones in recent memory! It looks as though the tires are the same size on all fours. Knowing how Revell is with their tires, I doubt they'd go through the trouble and they may not have taken note. No biggie............I've got PLENTY 'o tires to pick from if/when the time comes for me to build it.

Back in the 80's and 90's I used Monogram Big-N-Little Good Year tyres as an acceptable substitute ( think : 1970 SS-454 Chevelle 3-in-1 and its bigger rear tyre option ) .

I wonder if there's a snowball's chance that Revell -- via petition -- would see fit to tool up some bigger tyres ?

The Baja Bandito. is something from my past so thats a maybe. The AAR is most diffidently , one for sure , Maybe more if the flared fenders are fixed

The 57 Gasser Ford is kinda neat. just not my style

the rest,,,meh

Edited by gtx6970

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

Back in the 80's and 90's I used Monogram Big-N-Little Good Year tyres as an acceptable substitute ( think : 1970 SS-454 Chevelle 3-in-1 and its bigger rear tyre option ) .

I wonder if there's a snowball's chance that Revell -- via petition -- would see fit to tool up some bigger tyres ?

I don't be thinking so ............. but it would be nice if they did !