Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Ramp Truck

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard that this kit was limited to a production run of 7,000 kits and has been oversold. In other words, if you want one, better jump on it as it might be a hot minute before they can get another run in and back in stock here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

Had it been mentioned there was to be a short run of this kit?  This is the first I've heard of that.

I don't believe it was, but in today's market big production runs are not as common as they once were. Unless a Hobby Lobby type customer places an order, smaller runs are more economical for manufacturers. It's better to sell out and schedule a second run than to have an overrun and have to sell them to an Ollie's at or near cost.

Dave Burkett (The Model King) paid the freight on this kit, his releases are always a more limited number than a standard Moebius kit. Wouldn't surprise me to see Moebius come back in a year or two and repackage it in with a different year - they've done that with most everything else he's paid to tool up (Slant 6, NASCAR parts, drag parts, truck utility bed, etc).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Dave Burkett (The Model King) paid the freight on this kit, his releases are always a more limited number than a standard Moebius kit. Wouldn't surprise me to see Moebius come back in a year or two and repackage it in with a different year - they've done that with most everything else he's paid to tool up (Slant 6, NASCAR parts, drag parts, truck utility bed, etc).

A slant 6 utility would be cool but that would be a dodge..

I mistakenly ordered 2 of the Chevy kit.  Bashing them together now to make the wedge wide enough for dual wheels and a single axle.  Going to do that one as a 76 dodge with the Cushman duster kit car on it and a 73 grilled dodge with the plymouth scamp kit car on the mobius ramp truck.

Just got mine opened to check out the contents. Wow! There are a lot of parts. Lots of extras as well. 2 transmissions 2 intakes 3 air cleaners 3 mirror choices. 4x4 front axle and transfer case. I don’t think I have ever seen this many parts in one box. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar maniac 74 said:

I mistakenly ordered 2 of the Chevy kit.  Bashing them together now to make the wedge wide enough for dual wheels and a single axle.  

The Racerswedge  body  is now officially obsolete. Fantasy land days are over! Thankyou ModelKIng.

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IHSS said:

Oh and here’s a shot of the direction I’m going with it. 

Very dooable, remember pull that fender back, that MC wrecker kit was based on an existing shortbed pickup wheelbase, not a  longer 1 ton wheelbase. 

Edited by leafsprings

22 hours ago, IHSS said:

Looks like there might be a fourth air cleaner. Possibly an oil bath kinda looks like it but I could be wrong. Oh and here’s a shot of the direction I’m going with it. 

C0B4C16F-49DA-4896-808E-82C7EFC331D2.jpeg

Rumor has it that Moebius has a wrecker planned for the 4x4 F-350 Highboy kit coming out later this year, supposed to have a correct Holmes 440 bed.

That should build up nicely!

• Like 2