Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘05 Chrysler 300c, 2dr (Gunmetal, black, ‘n’ smoke….)

Steve H

Hi all, 

I have had the idea for this build for years and finally got around to building it. A couple of things I like about these cars, they have a “gangster” look about them, and they have a slightly chopped top look straight out of the factory. IMO they have stood the test of time. The idea was to give it a much more aggressive look, and convert it to a 2 door. The first photo was the main inspiration. 

So…. Convert the 4dr into a 2dr, and add suicide door handles. Remove the body molding, add a splitter and rear spoiler, mold the front and rear bumpers into the body. The front bumperettes were thinned and “tucked in” flush, the grill is speaker grill screen.

Open up the lower front grilles, the 300c logo was removed from the side trim, sanded thin, then installed higher on the body by the door handle. Side exit exhaust in the rocker panel.

Wheels, tires and brakes are Pegasus, wheels have several coats of smoke. All the trim is semi gloss black. 

The paint is Tamiya TS100 semi gloss gunmetal, followed with a light coat of smoke, then flat clear. All lenses have multiple coats of smoke.

This is just a simple curbside build with no interior, and only the bottom half of the engine. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice the warp in the hood til it was painted, I decided to live it. Thanks for having a look, all comments welcome.

Inspiration….

7DB11390-E6ED-4842-989C-76BDDBA677A2.png.1060f2025e76b04849650c1ec3fc8855.png

My  vision….

AE9F76EC-2691-46E2-8EA0-D6D8189BBCB5.thumb.jpeg.29406acafdb5f1072fd010d789e4eeaf.jpeg

D6A08171-B5F7-4795-B327-6DD11C10101F.thumb.jpeg.118b04e3812d94a2369be15d33066383.jpeg

F3E27821-4EF7-4921-B913-12B418F3F94B.thumb.jpeg.37dff26176ced33c37060eafea4dae10.jpeg

3F82FC91-47D7-44DF-9D9C-BBF245ACDD5F.thumb.jpeg.a2f7ee40e731329d53d1746b429d8444.jpeg

B918AFDE-D161-4A80-9D33-3BC7613DA0BC.thumb.jpeg.1215408032308bd7f178b309b2c356b9.jpeg

8174D2F1-4FD6-4B62-9594-9FA0D8E55794.thumb.jpeg.a9d5b2f198304d9781061acac1db4ee4.jpeg

ED447DF5-9BEE-4935-95DA-B918654C55E1.thumb.jpeg.5d90383f324910415d64e9cabbab5573.jpeg

631A8170-ED1E-41FC-897B-05AEE0B034F2.thumb.jpeg.ff651b819d6028ffc1fe5c47ac5d5720.jpeg

584BAEDD-B72D-43C9-84C0-A3ACC2D74D82.thumb.jpeg.6141af6ffe83f8122d9e6ac61f1c6ab5.jpeg

F55824E6-2CE0-4868-898F-061337E08D3E.thumb.jpeg.a09fe8097a415c0ec2b4aa3ec5ab06a2.jpeg

A big thank you to those of you that followed along on the WIP. Your input and comments were inspirational and very much appreciated.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fivesuns said:

very slick, very cool.  I like it a lot!

Thank you Howard.

3 hours ago, Zippi said:

One fine looking ride Steve.  Yeah...it does have a gangsters look.  Murdering everything out and making it a 2 door makes it look like one bad machine.  Great job on the build.

Hi Bob, thanks for having a look. I appreciate your kind words. Just realized I’m going to have back to back “murdered out” builds! 

54 minutes ago, happy grumpy said:

Now that would be the perfect villain car in a Bullitt remake. I always liked the 300. This one just look great.

Thanks Mario! I’m a huge fan of your builds so I very much appreciate your compliment. It definitely has “villain” written all over it.

48 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

Turned out fantastic with a sinister vibe. It looks like a car that might be on display at SEMA. I really like the exhaust system. 

Thank you Phil! Your 300 was excellent inspiration for my splitter and spoiler. Seeing yours made it much easier for me to visualize what I wanted to do with mine, so thanks. I am quite pleased with how the exhaust looks.

21 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Steve!

wow, very very slick. Exactly what you were shooting for. Bravo!

Now, get a lawyer: the Crawling Insects Protection League will get after you: none of their members will be able to cross the street and stay alive with such an "in the weeds" front splitter. It will be a carnage...

CT 

Hi Claude! You know me, I like ‘em low… insects beware! It really did turn out exactly as I had envisioned, that doesn’t always happen. 
Thanks for checking in sir, always nice to hear from you. BTW, I may need your 2 cents a few times with my next WIP, keep the piggy bank handy!!

Cheers, Steve

11 hours ago, Steve H said:

Thank you Howard.

Hi Bob, thanks for having a look. I appreciate your kind words. Just realized I’m going to have back to back “murdered out” builds! 

Thanks Mario! I’m a huge fan of your builds so I very much appreciate your compliment. It definitely has “villain” written all over it.

Thank you Phil! Your 300 was excellent inspiration for my splitter and spoiler. Seeing yours made it much easier for me to visualize what I wanted to do with mine, so thanks. I am quite pleased with how the exhaust looks.

Hi Claude! You know me, I like ‘em low… insects beware! It really did turn out exactly as I had envisioned, that doesn’t always happen. 
Thanks for checking in sir, always nice to hear from you. BTW, I may need your 2 cents a few times with my next WIP, keep the piggy bank handy!!

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve!

I'm finishing 4 cars at once these days, but alas, I'm slower than I would like. I should be able to post some in the coming days. So much styrene, so little time!

Regards, 

CT 

22 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks bad ass!!!

Eric, that was exactly the look I was going for, so many thanks.

21 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Awesome look, nice work !!👍😀

Hi Philippe, thank you very much.

18 hours ago, slusher said:

Outstanding custom built Chrysler!

Carl !! Hope you had a fantastic birthday. I’m quite pleased with how this one turned out. Thanks for having a look at the finished build, and thanks for your input on the WIP thread my friend.

16 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Cool!!

Thanks Chris.

12 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Steve!

I'm finishing 4 cars at once these days, but alas, I'm slower than I would like. I should be able to post some in the coming days. So much styrene, so little time!

Regards, 

CT 

Claude… I remember reading that you were working away on some builds. As you know, I absolutely love your builds and am anxiously awaiting to see them posted sir. Your builds are always inspiring for me. 

10 hours ago, ewetwo said:

That is hot looking.

Thanks David!

7 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Looks good, I especially like the treatment you did with the side pipes - it's a great little detail.

Thanks Bill, I tried to add some interesting touches to distract from the fact that there is no interior or engine. It looks good in the display case.

Cheers, Steve

Great to see it finished Steve, looks so sinister. Super-neat work on scribing the new door line, your aluminium mask trick has really worked there.

By coincidence, and I've never seen it here before, but just 30' or so from where I'm sitting there's a 1:1 '07 300C. As soon as I saw it when I pulled-in this morning I started wondering about how it would look with the 2-door conversion! This particular one is straight black with black OE alloys, so already looking pretty mean. The shallow windows and high waistline are very dramatic.

19 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Came out great! And as we discussed that exhaust really fits it well! Paint look really dark and nice and seeing it in that light makes it look darker than the Gun Metal 🤘 al the work on the trim paid of and look killer!

Again really good work, as you always do! 

Hello Anton! I really appreciate your input. Yes, that light coat of smoke gave the gunmetal a darker hue that worked perfect for this build. Thanks for the kind words my friend.

10 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Great to see it finished Steve, looks so sinister. Super-neat work on scribing the new door line, your aluminium mask trick has really worked there.

By coincidence, and I've never seen it here before, but just 30' or so from where I'm sitting there's a 1:1 '07 300C. As soon as I saw it when I pulled-in this morning I started wondering about how it would look with the 2-door conversion! This particular one is straight black with black OE alloys, so already looking pretty mean. The shallow windows and high waistline are very dramatic.

Hello Nigel, good to hear from you. Yep, these cars don’t need much to give them some attitude. Using the aluminum for a guide scribing the doors works well for me. Thanks for having a look.

8 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Awesome! I really like that aggressive and sinister look! The side exhaust is my favourite detail, cool idea!

Thank you Oliver. The exhaust exits turned out well. I appreciate the kind words!

7 hours ago, Plowboy said:

That is one sinister looking 300C! And it has whole package going for it: color, wheels, stance and just a touch of rake to it. The two door conversion really makes it stand out! Nice work Steve! Can't wait to see what's next!

Hi Roger !! I thought you might like the stance. It needed to be a 2dr to make it pop. It seems that I achieved the goal of making it sinister and aggressive looking based on the comments, so I’m pretty pleased about that. As for what’s next, I think you’ll like it…

54D52EBB-22D8-4730-BAD4-B9833ECD6C69.jpeg.b6133549418e73b6c3c7a119964bbdfa.jpeg

6 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

Thank you Larry, much appreciated.

I truly appreciate all the comments from you all.

Cheers, Steve

The final result doesn't disappoint Steve your Chrysler 300 is absolutely bitchin... Dave Kindig out of this body!!!!!!

Simple and sophisticated at the same time, its threatening look will leave no one indifferent, especially not the police forces on this side of the border... 😉

My only disappointment is that you won't be able to drive all the way to Quebec to show it to us in person, the state of the road won't allow you to.  The countless cracks and potholes would be unforgiving on this wonderful body work! 😢