Model Cars Magazine Forum

gasser inspired 72 GMC Stepside

Finally got one finished here in the new year.  This is it's third paint job (and original color I was going to go with, MM Sterling Silver lacquer).  I had changed my mind on color and the first paint job was with Krylon New Penny.  Loved the color but it came out terrible.  So it got stripped decided to go with Duplicolor Toreador Red, but had a heck of a time getting an even shade across everything.  Frustrated, I broke out the Sterling Silver and, on a whim without stripping the red, sprayed directly over the Duplicolor and luckily the two paints agreed with each other.  Other than that I had a great time building this and getting creative.  I'm calling it a parts box special of sorts, as everything under the hood, interior goodies, hood scoop, wheels/tires, and decals all came from the spares boxes.  Providing the grunt is a rebuilt (and now blown) 454 from a long gone AMT 70 Impala bomb I built years ago as a young teen.  The headers are normal style long tubes, but I gave them some heat and bent them into shape to become fenderwells.  The collectors are aluminum tubing.  The fender stripes are actually the custom hockey stripes from the Revell 70 Cuda, just sliced & diced a little.  I didn't include any chassis pics as the only thing added down there were some different lower control arms to raise up the front, and everything is black hahaha.  I couldn't get a decent interior pic, so I included one I took quickly with my phone when in the WIP stage.  Someday down the road I may throw a fuel tank/cell into the bed, but I'm calling it done for now.  Thanks for taking a look and any comments or questions.

2v2aVM4dvxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aVM4N8xAKN8F.jpg

2v2aVMmp3xAKN8F.jpg

2v2aVMmdjxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aVMTeMxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aVMTJvxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aVMTYvxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aVMmUMxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aVMmzrxAKN8F.jpg

Edited by bogger44
  • Like 2