Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi De Tomaso Pantera GTS

beeRS

This is my Fujimi De Tomaso Pantera GTS with a few Studio 27 photo etched parts thrown into the mix. I started this back in 2013, so a 9 year build! Here's the build thread. Sadly, I don't get much building time these days. This is the first model completed in over a year, though my BMW 2002tii is not far off now.

The green paint is a rattle can from Halfords. I can't remember the exact colour, but Ford Java Green seems to ring a bell. The lower half is just Zero gloss black. The side lettering decals were applied and then Zero 2K clear lacquer over the entire surface. This was supposed to have been a simple build straight out of the box, but I ended up making a few little modifications.

1.  Front and rear grills were cut out and replaced with PE parts.

2.  Door handles were made from plastic sheet

3.  The kit windscreen was re-shaped from the inside. Still not perfect.

4.  Side marker trim removed (because I lost one of them)

5.  Side glass replaced with thinner acetate sheet and rolled down door glass.

6.  Exhaust trims replaced with aluminium tube.

So, here's the end result. I did rush it a little towards the end just to get it off the work bench. I'm just glad to call this one done.  I hope you like it. Comments and criticisms are welcome.

PC170040.jpg

PC170041-copy.jpg

PC170042-copy.jpg

PC170043.jpg

PC170044.jpg

PC170046-copy.jpg

PC170047-copy.jpg

PC170048.jpg

PC170049.jpg

PC170053-copy.jpg

PC170036.jpg

This final image shows how I managed to get better more even light than normal for December. Snow is great for reflecting light.

PC170056.jpg

• Like 8

Yes indeed, she looks great. Those exhaust tips really enhance the realism from the rear view too.

Far as the real cars go, with moderately upgraded brakes, cooling, rubber, and electrics (and a few more esoteric things like real rust protection and replacing the rear hub ball bearings with tapered rollers), they can be extremely reliable and as fast as any sane person could need on the street.  B)

• Thanks 1

Very nice build and no problem with taking your time - well worth it given the final result.  I have built a few Pantera kits with more still in the boxes.  I passed on the Fujumi kits as they did not seem to be that different from earlier variations and pretty pricey for a curbside kit.

• Thanks 1