Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 10/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, Tom Geiger said:

I did buy a few things at the toy show attached to the last NNL Nationals....

image.png.e2e46771a581fd288d0dfea6cdf15527.png

I'm still fixated on those old Monogram 1/24 scale Model As.  I found a Cabriolet for $20 so I grabbed it for future builds.  The Blue Bandito was purchased half out of curiosity to see what was in the box and half to get some restoration parts for the original Blue Beetle I'm working on  now.  It does have the scuba gear I will use.

Here's an interesting thing... I was looking for a 1960 Chevy long bed to use on my upcoming Steinbeck camper build.  And here I found a beat up old custom for $10 at the show. The bed sides are clean, the rest of it is a mess! See the big door jambs!   Our original builder must've used the Autoworld hot knife cutter to get those!  It looks like it was never finished.

image.png.de6295a79a78cf46262a3aa8a826a7b9.png

image.png.eced435148bdc42ce41be2c054c69911.png

You can see the work someone did to get that asymmetrical custom design going with the cut into the hood and fins on the roof.

image.png.fec801a975144885df218eadb2de267d.png

image.png.fcaa22e55571ba391383e50e842d88c4.png

image.png.dd9a5807c8db4c3f5f9767b2126c3298.png

I had ordered these two from Jeff, and he had them for me to pick up at the show.  I got both the postal Jeep and the '63 Valiant wagon. Both are incredibly complete kits, the Jeep came with complete chassis and drive train including an engine and black resin tires.  The Valiant has a complete full detail chassis stolen from a '71 Duster kit, as was the body's under hood detail.  Note that the Valiant was a curbsider so all this detail was created by Motor City.   I also got one of their resin slant six engines.

image.png.899cd4fd295d83ecfbac5ba758eb41ab.png

And a visit to RMR gave me their 1961 Falcon 4 door wagon.  Had to have it.  It should go right onto the 1961 Ranchero chassis. It came with complete interior, hood, steering wheel, tail lights and chromed bumpers.  

And that's what followed me home!

I love that resin Tom.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:25 AM, thatz4u said:

got the latest issue of Contest Cars...was surprised to see one of mine in it.....? 

FINALLY mine came today! Of course the first thing I did was look for your car in it. Nice Caddy hearse! B)

20 hours ago, BIGTRUCK said:

More resin.....1959 Olds 2 door...

I found some good chrome a chassis plus the glass at Toledo in a zip lock really cheap and bought the body / interior on line.

IMG_20191018_160640173.jpg

IMG_20191018_160630653.jpg

I just keep coming back to this one.  I might need to find me one.

Visited the local shop in Victoria and was fortunate to spot a couple of recent arrivals. Both JOHAN kits have been on my want list, the 62 Fury will be modified into a Savoy post sedan and the Marlin essentially stock with turquoise and white vinyl inserts. The Plymouth is a Grail find for me, as earlier this year at the DSC in Phoenix I found a 63 Plymouth which will also become a Max Wedge sedan. The development of a theme as I have the 64 and 65 on the shelf.

Cheers Misha

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

4 hours ago, Misha said:

Visited the local shop in Victoria and was fortunate to spot a couple of recent arrivals. Both JOHAN kits have been on my want list, the 62 Fury will be modified into a Savoy post sedan and the Marlin essentially stock with turquoise and white vinyl inserts. The Plymouth is a Grail find for me, as earlier this year at the DSC in Phoenix I found a 63 Plymouth which will also become a Max Wedge sedan. The development of a theme as I have the 64 and 65 on the shelf.

Cheers Misha

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

Great scores! Do 'em up proud! B)

Went to the show in Cicero, NY today and picked this stuff up the along with a stop at their Ollies. The Thunderbird was $3. I have a screw bottom 66 AMT Thunderbird that was missing some parts. like the hood and dash. The Corvair was $7. Sealed. The white walls I bought because I'm always looking for them. The little white walls I though would fit my 1964 Comet. But that kit calls for small promo style tires and these are not. The 2 police cars? One for the display box and I don't have a police car in my kits. The other police car is molded in white. So I was going to see if I could fill in the rood holes and make it a plain Ford car. Their Ollies did not have the 1950 Ford Convertible shown in Ollie's ad. I did use the 15% off coupon so both of the police cars were $18 plus change. Cheap enough.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...