Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I rarely take on restoration projects, but the box alone was hard to pass up, so I made an exception. Inside was a complete, reissue Tony Nancy double kit and an unpainted Dart body needing some non-major repair.

IMG_20191104_121238.jpg

IMG_20191104_121307.jpg

I also found some Putty Thrower '60 Ford...:

IMG_20191104_120025.thumb.jpg.f17a9248f8d3cf88cb1a87322315bdcb.jpg

JOHAN Models '68-'70 AMX...:

IMG_20191104_120103.thumb.jpg.9297e6f134118b879b528cae7d7dbb4e.jpg

...and ACCU-PRO '34 Ford grille p/e frets/parts:

IMG_20191104_120035.jpg

Edited by Casey

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I rarely take on restoration projects, but the box alone was hard to pass up, so I made an exception. Inside was a complete, reissue Tony Nancy double kit and an unpainted Dart body needing some non-major repair.

IMG_20191104_121238.jpg

IMG_20191104_121307.jpg

IMG_20191104_120035.jpg

Well buddy here's the one I got yesterday you think yours is bad I'll trade you! When I saw this it was enough to put tears in your eyes so I just had to buy it and jive it a good resting place maybe I'll dig a hole and bury it! Lol

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by vintagedragcrazy

2 hours ago, Casey said:

IMG_20191104_121238.jpg

IMG_20191104_121307.jpg

IMG_20191104_120035.jpg

The Dodge Funny Car isn't something I would normally get excited about, except I know this is very old and very collectable to those who are. The thing about it that stands out to me is the 4-door body. I agree that this should be restored and preserved but I have seen many other members here on the Forum who covet 4 door sedans and this looks like it wouldn't take much to make a stocker out this body.

19 minutes ago, espo said:

The Dodge Funny Car isn't something I would normally get excited about, except I know this is very old and very collectable to those who are. The thing about it that stands out to me is the 4-door body. I agree that this should be restored and preserved but I have seen many other members here on the Forum who covet 4 door sedans and this looks like it wouldn't take much to make a stocker out this body.

That's how it started. LOL. Too many doors.

Image result for Revell 62 Dodge 4 door kit

Image result for Revell 62 Dodge 4 door kitImage result for Revell 62 Dodge 4 door kit

Edited by DukeE

1 hour ago, espo said:

While the body appears to be a very good starting point, without the balance of the original Revell kit's contents, it would be a major undertaking. Honestly, I picked it up because of the box condition and artwork, so the contents were an additional, pleasant surprise.

Just scored a JoHan '70 Javelin promo on ePay. It's missing both A-pillars and is somewhat "distressed" (i.e., much played-with), with lots of scuffs and worn chrome, but the body, glass, interior, front and rear bumpers/grille/taillights, chassis, wheels, and tires all seem to be present and complete. The condition knocked half or more off its price. (If it had been in perfect condition, I expect it would have brought three times or more what I paid.) 

I'm pretty sure I can work with it (Javelin A-pillars shouldn't be too difficult to scratchbuild from raw styrene). I've been chasing a '70 Javelin for more than a decade. On the rare occasion one appears, it goes for much more than I'm able or willing to pay. I've managed to score a couple '68 promos over the years, but the '69 and '70 have eluded me. 

Well I didn’t get this today, but I attended a model show this last Saturday in Clackamas Oregon and among the things I got was an AMT 1959 Fairlane Hardtop body and a complete built up of a 1962 Lincoln Continental Hardtop. Time for some Superclean.

C6A84F28-1535-4E47-A872-B1C2B4A8EDC4.jpeg

5230B0DB-D1D1-4262-8F31-80FA6B370EBE.jpeg

7ECCB554-7C45-4D25-9CD3-BCA3D305342E.jpeg

Edited by carnut

On 11/2/2019 at 9:24 PM, Exotics_Builder said:

Well, I was extremely fortunate today. I brought 4 models to the Oregon Society of Scale Modelers Show today and 3 wound up collecting some recognition.

SAM_3968.JPG

Dang, not just any awards, but best of the bunch, WOW!  Nice looking plaques too.

16 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Just scored a JoHan '70 Javelin promo on ePay. It's missing both A-pillars and is somewhat "distressed" (i.e., much played-with), with lots of scuffs and worn chrome, but the body, glass, interior, front and rear bumpers/grille/taillights, chassis, wheels, and tires all seem to be present and complete. The condition knocked half or more off its price. (If it had been in perfect condition, I expect it would have brought three times or more what I paid.) 

I'm pretty sure I can work with it (Javelin A-pillars shouldn't be too difficult to scratchbuild from raw styrene). I've been chasing a '70 Javelin for more than a decade. On the rare occasion one appears, it goes for much more than I'm able or willing to pay. I've managed to score a couple '68 promos over the years, but the '69 and '70 have eluded me. 

Snake i think an easy solution would be if you can pull a mold off the more common Johan Amx kit

23 minutes ago, br67 said:

Snake i think an easy solution would be if you can pull a mold off the more common Johan Amx kit

That's one way to do it, and I might do it that way. But I think in this case it would be easier to just cut a strip of styrene to the proper width, scribe a line in it for the windshield trim, and glue it in. The drip rail can be added with another strip of styrene. B)

On 11/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, thatz4u said:

haul from the C.A.R.B.S. show in Dayton this weekend.....plus an AMT 60 C-10-6 cyl engine,  Van interior parts, & original 65 El Camino Camper that is complete...next week end is the Dayton Toy show....the adventure continues...

ds2.jpg

ds1.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds4.jpg

OOOPs forgot to mention...met a couple of Forum members in person also...(you know who you are)....had a great time....

8 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Anyone go to the big sale at Model Empire this past Sunday? Didn't go this time but they usually have some good deals on projects and parts.

Sure did - can't miss this one if at all possible.  Line was out the door as usual but as always great deals (unbuilt Monogram MG TC for $3 and Porsche 904 for $12) along with a bunch of needed parts.  This was the last year for the miscellaneous loose parts according to the signs tho.  

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...