Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

17 hours ago, Carmak said:

I got this stash of models this morning. Guy bought an old house and found these.

Good rebuilding material!

Carmak

Resized952020122795120713.jpg

Great score! I wish Revell, or Atlantis, would re-issue the Ice Patrol Chevy Pick up! One of my fave childhood kits. 

2 hours ago, GeeBee said:

One of my "Go to" suppliers of AMT kits here in the UK have just had these delivered, they only had 2 left, it was rude just to buy the one.....

FB_IMG_1609192253467.jpg

Hey, you're lucky I bought one of the older issues of this kit, otherwise I'd be having words with you buying the last two! ;) xD

Be interesting to see the differences between the Lindberg and the new AMT release.

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

Hey, you're lucky I bought one of the older issues of this kit, otherwise I'd be having words with you buying the last two! ;) xD

Be interesting to see the differences between the Lindberg and the new AMT release.

I compared it with a Lindberg one and besides the box, the differences seem to be the instruction sheet (redone in AMT style) and the decal sheet (expanded in the AMT version, but with some missing). 

12 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I compared it with a Lindberg one and besides the box, the differences seem to be the instruction sheet (redone in AMT style) and the decal sheet (expanded in the AMT version, but with some missing). 

I was looking on Scalemates site, I might be wrong, did the mould start out as a Jo-Han in the 60's? Always interesting knowing the history and changes of a kit.

2 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

I was looking on Scalemates site, I might be wrong, did the mould start out as a Jo-Han in the 60's? Always interesting knowing the history and changes of a kit.

No, this Belvedere tooling started in the 90s at Lindberg.   Jo-han made a '64 Fury back in the 60s, but that was a different kit. 

Edited by Rob Hall

1 minute ago, crazyjim said:

How do you guys know all this stuff about different kits from way back?

I have a lot of kits in my stash, been in the hobby 40+ years, been hanging out here and on other forums for 15+ years, been reading model magazines since the 80s...lots of information goes around. 

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

You really can't trust what you see on that site. I think about 75% of the pages I've seen there have major mistakes on them. 

What did I get today? 

Two new pearls of infinite truth for my proverbial necklace of wisdom:  

" . . . useless, incorrect, but endlessly rebleated gibberish . . . "

" . . . it's pert near impossible to separate expertise from bloviation."

Sage observations courtesy Ace-Garageguy, soon to be known as AZ-Saguaroguy.   ?

??

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...