Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

29 minutes ago, Bills72sj said:

I have separate glass jars but the threads are slightly off and will not screw on tight.

That's the trouble with Chinese "clone" stuff. Nothing ever seems to interchange with stuff from the first world--or even a lot of other Chinese stuff, for that matter. I've run into that with gun parts, too. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

That's the trouble with Chinese "clone" stuff. Nothing ever seems to interchange with stuff from the first world--or even a lot of other Chinese stuff, for that matter. I've run into that with gun parts, too. :unsure:

Looked at a friends Norinco hand gun. I shook it and everything rattled. Norinco was the Chinese copy of a Soviet gun. He had it just for the grins.

Didn't get these today but just got my display case put back together this weekend. We moved into our new house almost three years ago and the case has been apart and all the cars have been boxed up since a couple of months before we moved. Lack of time energy and motivation were the biggest reasons they stayed boxed.

Mostly Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint with a few Hot Wheels 100% And a row of West Coast Precision diecast 59 Chevy El Caminos and Sedan deliveries. There is also a few Promos in there for a good mix. The whole works is secured to the wall so that it cannot go anywhere and the bottom case is kept locked because I have two very curious toddlers who are very interested in Daddy's cars. That is also why the bottom cabinet is zip tied shut.

20210124_115018-vi.jpg

Edited by Toner283

After many moons of transit from Hong Kong during this year's Holiday Special - "Rona and Short Staffed Postal Services" (lort I hope there's no sequel), two envelopes have rattled in with the latest - Well they were the latest 2 months ago - decals from LB Production and S.K. Decals.

20210126_132832.thumb.jpg.94e3d4ab7d05ea0893774a7383f7de46.jpg20210126_132809.thumb.jpg.b6377638dd66e775522d6fbb7b3574f3.jpg20210126_132749.thumb.jpg.f1d4d23212dc1b0661e81d7ac9f31e62.jpg20210126_132722.thumb.jpg.63288f7355301935e2931f71c9781066.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710

This 1979 Le Mans winning Porsche just arrived today.  When the kit was first announced I ordered it but then had to wait over a year and canceled the order.  Things changed and the company making the kit became NuNu.  Since I still had a balance in my shopping cart I finally reordered it.   There has been a lot of discussion about the shape of the body but it is better than the Black Box resin kit so I can live with it.

20210127_132159.jpg.acf66e4246f14cc2cfb13119442a15cd.jpg

I just received a giant Porsche box-o-parts which I “won” on eBay. The box was a Fujimi Porsche 356 B/C 2000GS Carrera 2 Cabriolet. It belonged to the late husband of the seller, and judging from the items she was selling, and her description of them, he was one serious modeler, who, among other things made 1/24th scale resin casting masters of some pretty significant and rare sport racing car subjects including the 1962 Ferrari TR LeMans winner as well as the 1963 rear engine250P. She was selling resin copies of these as a set of 3 (2 250Ps and a ’62 TR) that eventually went for $225.00 after some spirited bidding, far too rich for my blood. But the Porsche box-o-parts was more within my reach, and I prevailed for the low end of the price range for a complete used Fujimi 356 kit. Her pictures and description promised a huge assortment of parts and she wasn’t kidding! The box was bulging but well packed and everything inside was intact. Included what was essentially one complete 200OGS Cabriolet including motor, chassis, suspension and interior, the parts for at least 2 more Carrera 4 cylinder motors, 4-5 sets of wheels and tires, ,both chromed Fujimi items and various resin castings the builder had made for himself and chassis and suspension parts for most of another 356.

Here’s the box:
DSCF8109-web.jpg

Here’s the Cabriolet body, immaculate in as-new condition:
DSCF8104-web.jpg

But here’s the real motivation for bidding on all this stuff. A complete RS60 body, which, from the eBay pics looked thin and smooth enough to perhaps be styrene. Now that I have received it, it looks like styrene to me. I’m far from expert on Porsche scale model lore but an internet search showed only 3 1/24th scale RS60s, a Herb Deeks transkit to adapt the Aurora/Monogram 904 kit, a full detail kit from Model Factory Hiro and a slot car body from Revell. The Deeks and MFH bodies are resin, and this body is definitely not resin. You can see the mold marks and parting lines on the inside. The copy I received is pretty far along in terms of prep. The inside of the body is silver and looks like bare styrene to me. From the headlight buckets it looks like it might be the Revell body with the headlight lenses molded in and painted over. If it’s the Revell body he also opened the front boot cover and engine cover and removed the tonneau cover and cut out the dashboard area.

I figured there must be an expert on this stuff here on the forum. What do you think, is this a very well prepped Revell slot car body? The pictures I’ve seen of them feature opaque plastic, rather than vacuum formed clear. Were they styrene? Inquiring minds want to know.

Body-Summary-web.jpg
DSCF8102-web.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...