Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 hours ago, Dpate said:

The surgical blades #11 are a first for me and WOW what a difference over x-acto blades.  Thinner blades and closer cleaner cut

They're awesome! I just discovered them in the last couple of years. Everything you said is true, about them, and, they can be had much less expensively! I bought 100 of them for about $12, and they came with a handle. Without the handle they're about $10! 

• Like 1

Got another kit today from Robert Burns on FB (Too Many Projects). 1970ish IH 1100D pickup. Like many of his kits, no interior or chassis and the hood is molded shut. Looks pretty accurate and should go nicely with the first gen Scouts I have from him to finish building.

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6290.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

• Like 5

The adapter I had machined for my Grafo T2 came today. Looks great. In case anyone was wondering what it was for it's this. It is designed for an Iwata cup to fit into it. Although it will accept the old style cup it also takes the Takumi cup. The old style is still a siphon feed but the Takumi is gravity feed. And a great cup unto itself.
grafoiwa3.jpg.02e4fa880edcbbd1bbc3ed710192dd72.jpg

grafoiwa2.jpg.846b51bf6e1c04cb5c6862e4e4b24e86.jpg

I posted this as I said I would do that in this thread previously. I have gotten 6 more very old airbrushes along with 3 old spray guns. I have a lot of cleaning to do. I have an odd V on the way and another Thayer & Chandler model A coming too. This will be my last airbrush collection related post.

Edited by DPNM
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 7:05 PM, mikemodeler said:

Got another kit today from Robert Burns on FB (Too Many Projects). 1970ish IH 1100D pickup. Like many of his kits, no interior or chassis and the hood is molded shut. Looks pretty accurate and should go nicely with the first gen Scouts I have from him to finish building.

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6290.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

Your International truck looks great!

On 9/16/2022 at 2:50 PM, DPNM said:

The adapter I had machined for my Grafo T2 came today. Looks great. In case anyone was wondering what it was for it's this. It is designed for an Iwata cup to fit into it. Although it will accept the old style cup it also takes the Takumi cup. The old style is still a siphon feed but the Takumi is gravity feed. And a great cup in it's self.
grafoiwa3.jpg.02e4fa880edcbbd1bbc3ed710192dd72.jpg

grafoiwa2.jpg.846b51bf6e1c04cb5c6862e4e4b24e86.jpg

This will probably be my last airbrush related post. I posted this as I said I would do that in this thread previously. I have gotten 6 more very old airbrushes along with 3 old spray guns. I have a lot of cleaning to do. I have an odd V on the way too.

That is one sweet air brush Jim. 

17 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

Nice! That'll come in all kinds of handy! Mine's all in an old Evergreen bin.

The owner said he would make me a deal, but I had to take the stands. One is relatively modern,  made out of tin, the other one (according to the owner) is about 40 years old and I believe it, it is made out of plywood.  He is 73, and has had the hobby shop for decades, but it is time to retire he says.

15 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

The owner said he would make me a deal, but I had to take the stands. One is relatively modern,  made out of tin, the other one (according to the owner) is about 40 years old and I believe it, it is made out of plywood.  He is 73, and has had the hobby shop for decades, but it is time to retire he says.

Oh, yeah. I remember seeing those heavy old things!

1 hour ago, Daddyfink said:

That has to be my favorite Lancia Kit of all time! I know there are better ones, this one was so much fun to build back then. Great memories make it my fave. 

I really like the real one and it kinda reminds me of the original Vector W2, a little bit.  I'd never seen one on a shelf, it just begged me to buy it! lol

• Like 1

Over the course of the next year, I plan to really thin the "stash".  I did go to a Model/Craft Store rummage sale where bought-out collections (among other things) were being sold at reasonable prices.  I found a few aftermarket parts that will work on some planned projects and got them at a good price.

SAM_5258.JPG

SAM_5260.JPG

SAM_5261.JPG

SAM_5262.JPG

Edited by Exotics_Builder
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Over the course of the next year, I plan to really thin the "stash".  I did go to a Model/Craft Store rummage sale where bought-out collections (among other things) were being sold at reasonable prices.  I found a few aftermarket parts that will work on some planned projects and got them at a good price.

SAM_5258.JPG

SAM_5260.JPG

SAM_5261.JPG

SAM_5262.JPG

Nice score Gerry!

• Thanks 1

Hit the local Hobby Lobby for the bi-weekly 40% off model kit sale. Picked up 2 more Revell '68 bugs, another T/A kit and a bunch of paint and sprue cutter. I'm working with Texas 4D customs on the Baja bug project, so stay tuned. So far, I have the suspension raised.

Then, over to Walmart for this Spice rack that will work nicely for all My little Testors paint bottles.

When I got home, this '69 Firebird kit from eBay, the Chevy van grill from modlblr, and a money order from jerseyjerry.  I sent him a '68 Camaro body and the shipping was only like $5 so I told him, don't worry about it. He sent me $12. Thanks Jerry and Tom. PS. Tom. I have the 442 chrome you need. I'll send you a PM.

20220919_122409.thumb.jpg.25af77b4e9b8ccf08f2e57f09b27a51a.jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

SAM_5258.JPG

SAM_5260.JPG

SAM_5261.JPG

SAM_5262.JPG

I sure miss the RMoM bodies...

Charles

• Like 1