Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 9/3/2022 at 3:45 PM, KWT said:

Picked up these over the last couple days

image000000.jpg.788219b63910977b60aa646c42b77199.jpg

image000001.jpg.f728f3a739e06c41deb63c6bfbeba675.jpg

I need another 3100 like I need a hole in my head...

Man, who knew 64 Impalas were so hard to get for a decent price?

Nice kits I like thos 66 NOvas and the 50 Chevy Street machine!

On 9/3/2022 at 6:31 AM, TooOld said:

Here's a few of what I've picked up over the summer , they are all new/complete and the Cougar is still sealed !  I built all these as a kid so it's really nostalgia that made be buy them again , at pretty decent prices too .  I do plan on building them all except the nomad , that one I just really like the box art .

000 0002

Got these a couple weeks ago on Ebay . A seller had several of them but they were kinda pricey so I just bought two sets .

000 0003

Great kits Bob, I sure wish Round 2 would. reissue those tire sets, nice find on those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slusher said:

Great kits Bob, I sure wish Round 2 would. reissue those tire sets, nice find on those.

Not sure if that will ever happen which is why I decided to pay for these . I bet if any more sets pop up on Ebay they'll be priced even higher !

I was surprised. DHL is out there making deliveries today, on the Labor Day holiday. So, sitting on my front step this morning, all the way from England, was a model I ordered from Brooklin Models. Their 1/43 scale, pre-assembled die-cast, 1962 Corvair Greenbrier Camper Van. Painted in Crystal Turquoise Poly. A little on the expensive side. But, I love Corvairs. And I really like the little details of this model. The surf board and non-stock wheels are cool and okay. But, it’s the little interior details that got me to part with my money. Very cool. And very fun. I’m glad I bought it. 

CEB707FB-9C92-4B56-A77F-C920772B7C0A.jpeg

836DFD3A-FDA1-407B-BF8D-96D6E54DE323.jpeg

6476BF65-D4E6-4878-9B02-605100ED0165.jpeg

81138BA4-00C2-4149-AE42-5BD8FAC2EC3C.jpeg

53485D32-17FC-43FE-99CE-E2FBB892958E.jpeg

• Like 10

Every Monday night I get together with friends for dinner. One of the guys there found a model at Half Prices Books he thought I might be interested in. A Tamiya Ferrari Testarossa from 1986. New, still sealed in the box. For only $15. He thought I might want it, between the subject  matter and the price. Plus he knew from conversations we’ve had in the past, that I think very highly of Tamiya’s stuff. In fact he joked, that he wanted to see me build the kit by just shaking the box. I told him I couldn’t do it, because I had no Tamiya paint with me, that I needed to throw in the box at the same time. Anyhow, I had no problem giving him the $15 for the kit. A very nice looking model. I’m looking forward to building it someday. 

1CB3D3CB-8C63-4907-8B7E-A9C7A09BD7E7.jpeg

BC2D54E8-8B8D-4ADB-9E23-BEE25B25DC74.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

Every Monday night I get together with friends for dinner. One of the guys there found a model at Half Prices Books he thought I might be interested in. A Tamiya Ferrari Testarossa from 1986. New, still sealed in the box. For only $15. He thought I might want it, between the subject  matter and the price. Plus he knew from conversations we’ve had in the past, that I think very highly of Tamiya’s stuff. In fact he joked, that he wanted to see me build the kit by just shaking the box. I told him I couldn’t do it, because I had no Tamiya paint with me, that I needed to throw in the box at the same time. Anyhow, I had no problem giving him the $15 for the kit. A very nice looking model. I’m looking forward to building it someday. 

1CB3D3CB-8C63-4907-8B7E-A9C7A09BD7E7.jpeg

BC2D54E8-8B8D-4ADB-9E23-BEE25B25DC74.jpeg

$15 he basically gave it away lol good stuff

Just picked up the MPC '70 Super Bee kit on eBay. Won't be here for a few days. It's got the 440 six pack I love so much and that cool pistol grip 4 speed. Got an extra set of Rallyes in the stash for this one.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Just picked up the MPC '70 Super Bee kit on eBay. Won't be here for a few days. It's got the 440 six pack I love so much and that cool pistol grip 4 speed. Got an extra set of Rallyes in the stash for this one.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Be sure to post your build on this. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:48 AM, keyser said:

Tow’d! Awesome. Great kit. Mako too. Nomad amongst best photo box art ever. 

Study the chrome reverse wheels...they are not color photos. They were cut and pasted the old fashioned way because the chrome reverse matched the kit wheels.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

Study the chrome reverse wheels...they are not color photos. They were cut and pasted the old fashioned way because the chrome reverse matched the kit wheels.

Yes, The Revell 57 Nomad box art 1:1 had Skylark wires on it. As a kid, didn’t know that, loved car even more when I discovered wires. Nice cut/paste of chrome reverse rims I agree. 
Clone sold last year. 
Had to post cover just because. 

09499980-DD4D-42B3-998A-517B34462A90.jpeg

Edited by keyser
Clarity. Oops. Thx
  • Like 1