Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)


Recommended Posts

Between doctor appointments this morning I stopped by my local WalMart, haven't been in there for awhile.  Anyway, checked the clearance aisle and found two bottles each of a beautiful purple and a pretty nice yellow nail polish, $.50 each.  Was walking by the toy section heading for the electronics department and noticed on a center aisle kiosk a couple of the AMT 32 Ford Sedan Deliverys, 50th anniversary Camaro, 64 Olds F-85 Convertible $19.97 and the 1977 Pinto $24.97.  The Olds and the Pinto followed me home.  When I was checking out I asked the friendly assistant way there was a $5 difference in the kits, her answer was "You have to pay for the Coke logos."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Which LHS? Was up there a few weeks ago, and didn't realize Fondy still had a LHS.

Place downtown called Focus. 75 S. Main Street. Kind of the archetypical cluttered shop with all kinds of stuff. Used to be a camera shop, hence the name.

Edited by lordairgtar
added address
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one for my Boyd kits collection!  Just need the 55 Nomad and I’ve got all of the AMT American Hot Rod series - the Nomad seems like it’s the rarest of the bunch though…

Paid $15 for this one shipped, which wasn’t too unreasonable I thought…

 

BFA87A09-94B5-4D89-8BA6-C5745DFA0D77.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Another one for my Boyd kits collection!  Just need the 55 Nomad and I’ve got all of the AMT American Hot Rod series - the Nomad seems like it’s the rarest of the bunch though…

Paid $15 for this one shipped, which wasn’t too unreasonable I thought…

 

BFA87A09-94B5-4D89-8BA6-C5745DFA0D77.jpeg

Jim, did you get the Boyd’s 72 Chevy Pickup? It’s blue or silver on the box  📦..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Jim, did you get the Boyd’s 72 Chevy Pickup? It’s blue or silver on the box  📦..

I know the one you mean - I think that's actually from the AMT 'Rides' series if it's the one I'm thinking of.  Similar kinda deal though - they put some but 24" wheels in the box and a logo on the art and called it a collaboration :D

Testor's did have a Boyd's Chevy pickup in their lineup though - a replica of the one Boyd built for Van Halen:

https://www.ebay.com/p/1100627540

They're not cheap though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, TarheelRick said:

Between doctor appointments this morning I stopped by my local WalMart, haven't been in there for awhile.  Anyway, checked the clearance aisle and found two bottles each of a beautiful purple and a pretty nice yellow nail polish, $.50 each.  Was walking by the toy section heading for the electronics department and noticed on a center aisle kiosk a couple of the AMT 32 Ford Sedan Deliverys, 50th anniversary Camaro, 64 Olds F-85 Convertible $19.97 and the 1977 Pinto $24.97.  The Olds and the Pinto followed me home.  When I was checking out I asked the friendly assistant way there was a $5 difference in the kits, her answer was "You have to pay for the Coke logos."

Ricky, did you tell her she can have the decals and box back?  😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a good deal on these at a flea market. They have all been started so I hope they are complete. The Mustang I just got for the wheels and tires and engine.

1DB78FA6-3DE9-4297-8A0F-374BF29AD527.jpeg

2581099D-F918-4EEA-9B34-4C6E8AB4B1D5.jpeg

F866B55B-34ED-4259-810E-A4FBBD3E9E7E.jpeg

9D8100C3-B583-4766-9952-A26DCE61B7E1.jpeg

FFA5CFAA-B94C-41BB-937C-E722235CA734.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Got a good deal on these at a flea market. They have all been started so I hope they are complete. The Mustang I just got for the wheels and tires and engine.

1DB78FA6-3DE9-4297-8A0F-374BF29AD527.jpeg

2581099D-F918-4EEA-9B34-4C6E8AB4B1D5.jpeg

F866B55B-34ED-4259-810E-A4FBBD3E9E7E.jpeg

9D8100C3-B583-4766-9952-A26DCE61B7E1.jpeg

FFA5CFAA-B94C-41BB-937C-E722235CA734.jpeg

Sometimes those are the best scores, usually cheap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 11:15 PM, CabDriver said:

Like stockcars eh, Chris? 🤪. Nice haul!

 

Found this on Amazon this week and it arrived today - should be set for plug wires for a coupla three weeks:

C34588E9-E65A-4AB6-967F-502F8E1EEFC7.thumb.jpeg.9cbf83d1b565a2a675e0ae80644d712a.jpeg
383993C1-9975-4F6D-8E1F-60A149FD0B59.thumb.jpeg.391d28cf6e31aee03b8fe53086f15036.jpeg

I just ordered a roll, thanks!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...