Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just got these given to me by a friend. They came from her mother's deceased husband. All either sealed or sealed inside. The Lotus is already getting packed to send to Sam I Am.

She said that her mom is clearing out all of his stuff. I told her that I'd be interested in any kits, parts, built-ups, tools and supplies that she wanted to get rid of.

Later-

20220318_161209.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

On 3/15/2022 at 3:09 PM, Mattilacken said:

Just got home from vacation and had the pleasure to unbox the ‘73 Chevelle sent by a fellow member from over seas! Thanks again!

3E69D1DD-00B0-4AE0-97AC-2B9C14DE5636.thumb.jpeg.257ede99ead97469ffaaa4a0ae9857c0.jpeg6FDE8F7B-734D-41D6-80E3-173144BC5BBF.thumb.jpeg.48e37556e0d0ac5bf5d44e3e5ea6b101.jpeg

That looks like a resin copy of the stock car?  Great model to have.

• Like 1

Got to love estate auctions.  Drove 40 miles one way yesterday for an auction because I saw a couple of items that piqued my interest.  Took a couple of C-notes just in case I wasn't the only one there.  I walked away with these two.  Both are in the original boxes, and both have most of the extra pieces with them. The Starliner is open hood with an engine, makes me wonder why the Styline kit is a curbside Galaxy.  I am thinking I will keep the Starliner as is with a bit of cleanup and polish, both have been brush painted, so the polish may be a disaster.  As you can see the '64 has the dreaded tire/wheel chemical reaction.  I will probably make this one into a modern day cruiser; it does have the parts for the operating lights.  Did you notice the hood clip with the '64, the '61 is supposed to use a rubber band. Oh yeah, both of them cost $35. 

20220319_163615.jpg

20220319_164446.jpg

20220319_164734.jpg

Edited by TarheelRick
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Ordered this Gunze Sangyo kit on Ebay yesterday, which is the 1956 Volkswagen Oval Window in 1:24 scale. This was only £30.00 GBP, so US$. 39.50

David

s-l1600.jpg

The interior on these is that wierd rubberish stuff so its awkward to paint and glue. The tamiya interior fits with a little trimming on the edges. I have a spare interior if you want it

2 hours ago, stitchdup said:

The interior on these is that wierd rubberish stuff so its awkward to paint and glue. The tamiya interior fits with a little trimming on the edges. I have a spare interior if you want it

Hello Les . . . Yes, I did read somewhere that the interior parts are vinyl on sprues, and consequently they are difficult to glue and paint. Thanks for the offer, but I have a Tamiya VW Beetle somewhere in my loft storage, which is almost a complete kit. I have wanted a Gunze Sangyo kit for quite some time now, and when I saw the price of this VW it was decided. I used to own a 1:1 early VW Beetle that was a 6 volt car, but not the oval rear screen, so I think I shall paint this model in the orange colour of my real car.

David

4 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Got to love estate auctions.  Drove 40 miles one way yesterday for an auction because I saw a couple of items that piqued my interest.  Took a couple of C-notes just in case I wasn't the only one there.  I walked away with these two.  Both are in the original boxes, and both have most of the extra pieces with them. The Starliner is open hood with an engine, makes me wonder why the Styline kit is a curbside Galaxy.  I am thinking I will keep the Starliner as is with a bit of cleanup and polish, both have been brush painted, so the polish may be a disaster.  As you can see the '64 has the dreaded tire/wheel chemical reaction.  I will probably make this one into a modern day cruiser; it does have the parts for the operating lights.  Did you notice the hood clip with the '64, the '61 is supposed to use a rubber band. Oh yeah, both of them cost $35. 

20220319_163615.jpg

20220319_164446.jpg

20220319_164734.jpg

Nice  kits, Rick, well done...

2 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Hello Les . . . Yes, I did read somewhere that the interior parts are vinyl on sprues, and consequently they are difficult to glue and paint. Thanks for the offer, but I have a Tamiya VW Beetle somewhere in my loft storage, which is almost a complete kit. I have wanted a Gunze Sangyo kit for quite some time now, and when I saw the price of this VW it was decided. I used to own a 1:1 early VW Beetle that was a 6 volt car, but not the oval rear screen, so I think I shall paint this model in the orange colour of my real car.

David

Just realised that the VW Beetle is a Revell kit that I have, so not a Tamiya one.

David

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...