Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Stopped at the dollar store again and picked up some more of those glass paint bottles (already filled the first batch with small parts) and some more chepo brushes. Then 2 auto parts stores for the purple super clean auto zone had 2 bigger size bottles to chose from.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:34 AM, TarheelRick said:

I have wondered that myself. The formal roof on the Galaxy just isn’t right for “Stylining”. I have always liked the Starliner roof. Decades ago I noticed a friend had the Starliner kit kicking around in his basement and begged him to sell it to me. He declined my offers but he did let me build it for him as he was not into models. (The kit must of had some sentimental attachment). It was a great kit and looked good when built. He let me keep the unused parts  and he kept the box. I wanted my own ever since. When Modelhaus announced their closing I ordered a Starliner body (and about 13 other kits!) to use with the Styline kit. Maybe one of these days I will get it built (along with the others)!

Edited by #1 model citizen

Stopped by Hobby Lobby to see if any of the Evergreen and K&S stuff was on clearance. The tubing benders and Plasti-weld were on clearance too. I still have a pretty good stock of K&S from the last time it went on clearance, but it's always good to have it around when you need it!

20220321_201345.jpg

2 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Stopped by Hobby Lobby to see if any of the Evergreen and K&S stuff was on clearance. The tubing benders and Plasti-weld were on clearance too. I still have a pretty good stock of K&S from the last time it went on clearance, but it's always good to have it around when you need it!

20220321_201345.jpg

Was it ALL of the Evergreen and K&S on clearance or just certain lines?  Interested to see if they DO drop those from their line-up…

Today’s mail-call (excuse the big white sticker on the box)

FF093D9A-C5FE-4CB5-BDAF-EEDD7440FAB1.thumb.jpeg.703dc2f6bbb1a391f8b1c785f19d1ebf.jpeg

I want to build this thing, listed in the manual:

5D8B0A91-0649-4D78-B996-ED160148DDA9.jpeg.2c57d035341361d69f94524218cb3050.jpeg

I was wondering if the parts to build this were also in the recently-ish reissued two-in-one kit with the chopped T coupe on the box, but I think that’s an entirely different kit…pity, because I have 4 of those on my shelf already and none of the 23 T Roadster…

Edited by CabDriver

On 3/20/2022 at 8:34 AM, TarheelRick said:

Got to love estate auctions.  Drove 40 miles one way yesterday for an auction because I saw a couple of items that piqued my interest.  Took a couple of C-notes just in case I wasn't the only one there.  I walked away with these two.  Both are in the original boxes, and both have most of the extra pieces with them. The Starliner is open hood with an engine, makes me wonder why the Styline kit is a curbside Galaxy.  I am thinking I will keep the Starliner as is with a bit of cleanup and polish, both have been brush painted, so the polish may be a disaster.  As you can see the '64 has the dreaded tire/wheel chemical reaction.  I will probably make this one into a modern day cruiser; it does have the parts for the operating lights.  Did you notice the hood clip with the '64, the '61 is supposed to use a rubber band. Oh yeah, both of them cost $35. 

20220319_163615.jpg

20220319_164446.jpg

20220319_164734.jpg

There's some interesting custom pieces pictured with that '64. I don't think I've EVER seen those. Later releases certainly didn't have them. Are they original to that kit, or just boxed with it from another source? I'd love to get my paws on those!

21 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Was it ALL of the Evergreen and K&S on clearance or just certain lines?  Interested to see if they DO drop those from their line-up…

Jim, it was just certain numbers of the Evergreen & K&S. The styrene sheet for instance wasn't marked down. If I had to guess they are either shrinking those lines or adding new inventory. I'd suspect the former as they also had all the Alumilite and some other misc tools on the pegs marked down as well. The 2 local HL's are shrinking the car/aircraft kits and adding more of the gundam type stuff.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RSchnell said:

Jim, it was just certain numbers of the Evergreen & K&S. The styrene sheet for instance wasn't marked down. If I had to guess they are either shrinking those lines or adding new inventory. I'd suspect the former as they also had all the Alumilite and some other misc tools on the pegs marked down as well. The 2 local HL's are shrinking the car/aircraft kits and adding more of the gundam type stuff.

Same as here then - my local store is adding a bunch of gundam and Star Wars stuff but I’ve not seen a new car kit for a while now.

Keep hoping they’ll get the Revell 30 Fords, but nothing yet…

37 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Same as here then - my local store is adding a bunch of gundam and Star Wars stuff but I’ve not seen a new car kit for a while now.

Keep hoping they’ll get the Revell 30 Fords, but nothing yet…

there. Is nothing at my HL but a few left overs.  Looks like after Christmas sale..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Nice Score Andy. Even better no shipping to go along with 40% off. 

Right. I almost grabbed the Caterpillar dozer also.

I did find the Pete' online for $42 delivered from a place I buy from frequently.

Our eldest son (53) in Calgary sent me a LEGO E-Gift voucher for my birthday last week (74). After buying online the box arrived a few minutes ago from Belgium 3 days later. The kit has 1106 parts, and box is 19" long 11" wide and 5" deep! These large kits always come with a free gift

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

Edited by PatW
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, PatW said:

Our eldest son (53) in Calgary sent me a LEGO E-Gift voucher for my birthday last week (74). After buying online the box arrived a few minutes ago from Belgium 3 days later. The kit has 1106 parts, and box is 19" long 11" wide and 5" deep! These large kits always come with a free gift

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

Pat, I thought that Gifts were always Free.......😁

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...