Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

$_57.JPG

This one arrived from California today! This is a 1972 Impala and is the last Chevy I needed to complete a 1941 to 1976 annual run. The wheels already fell off in shipping (yea!). Very brief eBay description and photos that don't show some damage. For instance look at the back edge of the hood. Looks like it's just sitting up? Nope! It's missing a 1/4 sliver on the edge. And the rear glass is missing a visible lower corner. Oh well, we can rebuild it, we can make it better.

$_57.JPG

This one arrived from California today! This is a 1972 Impala and is the last Chevy I needed to complete a 1941 to 1976 annual run. The wheels already fell off in shipping (yea!). Very brief eBay description and photos that don't show some damage. For instance look at the back edge of the hood. Looks like it's just sitting up? Nope! It's missing a 1/4 sliver on the edge. And the rear glass is missing a visible lower corner. Oh well, we can rebuild it, we can make it better.

The Six Million Dollar Model?

no pic's, but past few days I have gotten the ROG KW dump truck, monogram 66 chevelle street rat, the ford race car hauler, and have two 77 chevy plow trucks and a 1/12th foose 69 Camaro coming in the mail, and picked up a jungle jim vega funny car and a 68 mustang 2n1 kit today.

Ya, it is a bit different. Several years ago I built only military dioramas. I have been itching to do some again so I bought a couple of unusual 1/72 kits to play with. Of coarse I got rid of all my diorama stuff so I will have to purchase some again. When will I ever learn ?

Very happy to win this one today, I know this was has just been reissued but this is the original kit with the side window cutouts, been after it for a long time cost me £16.50 (approx $28 )

_12.jpg

Edited by Mr Stock

Picked up a slot car starter box at the flea market, has a little pan car with a clip on body, controller and 2 Marx slot cars that must be old ($20), also a box of 15 packages of evergreen styrene and assorted plastistruct angles and ladders ($5).

Ok, here is what I had trickle in over the last week. A guy I know is having to get out of the hobby so he made me a deal on a number of nice kits plus a huge box of supplies. I traded for the big rigs, a 1/12 1967 Corvette, and the Yellow Porsche. The wheels are five spoke cragars with wide whites. The resin engines are both early Mopar Wedge engines, and the parts pack 283.

The super Clean Olds Chassis will be used under the Ferrari....

post-11097-0-87463800-1393786725_thumb.j

post-11097-0-98939900-1393786767_thumb.j

Very happy to win this one today, I know this was has just been reissued but this is the original kit with the side window cutouts, been after it for a long time cost me £16.50 (approx $28 )

_12.jpg

You did very well on that one. I have the original kit myself. I plan to do mine as a Beauville Sport Van with the seats and additional body side mouldings. I also like the fact that the hood opens too.

Ok, here is what I had trickle in over the last week. A guy I know is having to get out of the hobby so he made me a deal on a number of nice kits plus a huge box of supplies. I traded for the big rigs, a 1/12 1967 Corvette, and the Yellow Porsche. The wheels are five spoke cragars with wide whites. The resin engines are both early Mopar Wedge engines, and the parts pack 283.

The super Clean Olds Chassis will be used under the Ferrari....

That Ferrari has awesome potential

_12.jpg

Keep hoping this will show up at Hobby Lobby...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...