Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Portillo's is more expensive than Subway.  I think their beef sandwich is $6.89 but it packed with meat.

Portillo's Beef Sandwich around here is $5.49, and I usually can get lunch for $10 or less. I haven't been to Portillo's since yesterday, and I had one of their salads for a change.

What pleased me today was meeting up with some friends and participating at an annual car show. Lots more friends at the show, great DJ playing rock 'n roll, food vendors with dogs, burgers, beefs, pizza, and ice cream too. The weather was great and there were a lot of sweet lookin' rides when it came to checkin' out the cars. Came home to cook steak 'n bake on the grillle and then got to play with my almost 3 grandson in the back yard. He can tire this "old man" out.

Beautiful shots of very different country from both Ed and Dan. Man, we sure live on a pretty planet.

And I sure wish I could understand why so many people seem to think that this is the way we should treat it.

Desborough-litter-6March2009_IMG_4505_40      article-2008903-0073E3F100000578-691_468

I agree with you on that ACE, and a LOT of people are slobs. They don't care ''bout anyone but themselves. A number of years ago I was walking and casting around the perimeter of a small lake and the amount of garbage that was on the shore was mind boggling. I seen people leave the drive-thru window and throw there garbage out their car window, really??? It's no wonder the American Indians don't want their country back, as it's in a pretty sad state.

I agree with you on that ACE, and a LOT of people are slobs. They don't care ''bout anyone but themselves. A number of years ago I was walking and casting around the perimeter of a small lake and the amount of garbage that was on the shore was mind boggling. I seen people leave the drive-thru window and throw there garbage out their car window, really??? It's no wonder the American Indians don't want their country back, as it's in a pretty sad state.

I was recently at the Grand Canyon for the day, haven't been there since maybe around '09. There seemed to be a lot more trash, water bottles, candy wrappers, etc. there than I'd ever noticed before. Frankly, this made me furious. Some stupid little shitts come ostensibly to see one of the most spectacular sights on Earth, and they think so much of it that they use it for their personal dump.

If I'd seen anyone dropping trash into the canyon or even on the path, my honest gut reaction would have been to want to chuck THEM over the edge. I'm sure I was radiating hostility and rage towards anyone who had anything that looked disposable in his or her hand. And sadly, at least one of the rare California condors that have been hand-reared and reintroduced to the wild has died from choking on some moron's waste paper at the canyon.

I just do not understand how anyone can be so totally self-centered, unaware, and uncaring about beauty to drop his garbage wherever he feels it's become too much bother to deal with responsibly.

How frigging hard IS IT do put your damm garbage where it belongs, anyway?

I was recently at the Grand Canyon for the day, haven't been there since maybe around '09. There seemed to be a lot more trash, water bottles, candy wrappers, etc. there than I'd ever noticed before. Frankly, this made me furious. Some stupid little shitts come ostensibly to see one of the most spectacular sights on Earth, and they think so much of it that they use it for their personal dump.

If I'd seen anyone dropping trash into the canyon or even on the path, my honest gut reaction would have been to want to chuck THEM over the edge. I'm sure I was radiating hostility and rage towards anyone who had anything that looked disposable in his or her hand. And sadly, at least one of the rare California condors that have been hand-reared and reintroduced to the wild has died from choking on some moron's waste paper at the canyon.

I just do not understand how anyone can be so totally self-centered, unaware, and uncaring about beauty to drop his garbage wherever he feels it's become too much bother to deal with responsibly.

was it you that said something about people without a brain cell in another thread? I could look but my 2 are tired from shift change. But that would be THOSE SO CALLED PEOPLE. Bunch of damm idiots with no respect for us or more importantly Mother Nature 

I spend a lot of time in the woods because I don't like being in towns and last weekend my wife and I load 3 lawn clean up bags of Garbage that the A******* left behind, frankly it makes me sick of society!

Edited by cowboy rich
garbage isn't a foul word

I too was recently (June) at the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Zion and notice some trash on the grounds also. It is very disgusting to see that people don't give a darn and/or teach their kids some respect for our country and its wonders.

I was at the end of a very long line in the drive through at the local Dunkin Donuts and let this woman go ahead of me.  I didn't think it was any big deal since I think that I was the last car in line.  When I got up to the window to pay, the guy told me that the woman in front of me had paid for mine.  An unexpected way to start the day!!

Finally got around to working on the MPC Bad Company Dodge Van I bought back in December.  Got the kit engine and rear axle glued together, partially detrimmed the body, filled the holes for mounting the rear bumper, and modified the AMT '09 Challenger R/T kit wheels and tires to fit it.  Next up will be putting together the Revell EasyBuild 392 SRT Challenger seats and prepping the mirrors from that kit to go with the van body.