Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Two things. Our big fire is well contained and the evacutation warnings have been lifted. Second my Niece passed her real estate brokers test.

First the dam, now the fire. More excitement than Oroville has seen for 40 or so years. :o

Glad you are safe (again).

Went to the Ohio Valley show in Louisville today....came home with more projects that i didn't need.  Great show especially for a first year!  When the organizer had to give up the table at the entrance to accommodate more show entries, it was a good show!

I buy towels, blankets and pet carriers at thrift stores and garage sales to donate when I got out of town to shows either near the show or a rural area along the way in communities that down. The KY Humane Society was hosting an off site adoption event at the Dixie Feeder less than a mile away so for those saw all that odd stuff in the back of the Pontiac G8, that was its destination.  I do that in the name of my two dogs who have passed and the four rescues who are spoiled rotten.

Took my grandson to see Transformers 5 movie yesterday.  It was great fun, and amazing effects, of course! What made it even more fun was the fact that considerable portions of the movie were filmed within 5 miles of our home, El Rancho Panadero.  Besides being great entertainment, it was fun seeing it set within recognizable local landmarks. 

After the movie, we swung by three of the sites - the Desert Valley Auto Parts salvage yard, the stripmine hill next to the Deer Valley airport, and the stretch of AZ Loop 303 where the highway battle scene was filmed. 

Grandson got a big kick out of "being there" himself; now he wants to see the movie again in 3D!  

Later, we took him to get a new pair of "Heelies" for his birthday, as he had outgrown his last.  I was surprised that he picked out plain black shoes instead of the flashier ones, but he explained they were "undercover Heelies," like my unmarked (1:1) car.  He thought that was cool!

Add to that, it was the Lovely & Gracious Mrs. B's first out-of-house outing for other than doctor or hospital in months!  It was a great day!   

Took my grandson to see Transformers 5 movie yesterday.  It was great fun, and amazing effects, of course! What made it even more fun was the fact that considerable portions of the movie were filmed within 5 miles of our home, El Rancho Panadero.  Besides being great entertainment, it was fun seeing it set within recognizable local landmarks. 

After the movie, we swung by three of the sites - the Desert Valley Auto Parts salvage yard, the stripmine hill next to the Deer Valley airport, and the stretch of AZ Loop 303 where the highway battle scene was filmed. 

Grandson got a big kick out of "being there" himself; now he wants to see the movie again in 3D!  

Later, we took him to get a new pair of "Heelies" for his birthday, as he had outgrown his last.  I was surprised that he picked out plain black shoes instead of the flashier ones, but he explained they were "undercover Heelies," like my unmarked (1:1) car.  He thought that was cool!

Add to that, it was the Lovely & Gracious Mrs. B's first out-of-house outing for other than doctor or hospital in months!  It was a great day!   

Sounds like it was an awesome day all around!

Ok you're excused for missing the meeting last night. Good to hear the Mrs. is doing better.

Always intended to go check out that hill and area from the area, just never get around to. May go to the airport restaurant for lunch next week and crawl around over there since I hear we're only going to be in the low 100's next week.

Spent the day at the drag strip with a buddy of mine we went to see the nostalgia funny cars at keystone drag strip in new Alexandria, pa. Was a great show they had 32 funny cars!!! First time I've been there in 15-20 years now I can't wait to go again I just hope it doesn't take that long again!!

Vince

But you're already in Ohio, right?  I guess that means there's an agent of some sort selling your AZ house.  Hope it's a solid offer and they can get financing.

Yeah, I have my agent there...everything appears to be in order so far..it's a hot market in Central Phoenix right now. 

After getting caught off guard on June 30th and losing my job, I got a call today with a job offer! While not exactly what I was doing, it is in my field of work and is a stepping stone to being back among the employed! I start in 10 days and it's like I took the month of July off without pay. The Mrs. is happy because I finally got the wallpaper stripped and the dining room painted while I was between jobs.

Now I can think about getting one of those Revell Suburbans and getting my creative juices flowing!

I'm glad that something came together for you. Good jobs aren't as plentiful as some would want us to think. You and the Mrs.'s  should go have a nice dinner out to celebrate.  

david,

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, we are going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate. It was her birthday on Tuesday and that was also the day I got the word on the job.

I do have a lead on another job that I should know about in a couple of weeks. It will pay much more than this one and will include some heavy travel but may be worth it!

david,

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, we are going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate. It was her birthday on Tuesday and that was also the day I got the word on the job.

I do have a lead on another job that I should know about in a couple of weeks. It will pay much more than this one and will include some heavy travel but may be worth it!

Congrats on your new job, and good luck on your lead. Go where the money's at, as that's why you're working.

After getting caught off guard on June 30th and losing my job, I got a call today with a job offer! While not exactly what I was doing, it is in my field of work and is a stepping stone to being back among the employed! I start in 10 days and it's like I took the month of July off without pay. The Mrs. is happy because I finally got the wallpaper stripped and the dining room painted while I was between jobs.

Now I can think about getting one of those Revell Suburbans and getting my creative juices flowing!

Congrats Mike!  This news makes my day!

I'm pleased today because I have a new fence going up around my pool.  The old split rail fence  was falling down, the chicken wire on it was all that was holding it up. Now I have a black aluminum one with a lifetime warranty.  It's near 100F degrees out there and I'm sitting in the air conditioning watching others do the work.  

new fence

Edited by Tom Geiger
Added photo

I'm excited. Last day of work before we take off camping for two weeks. I can't remember the last time I took two full weeks in a row off of work. 

So we're loading up the trailer and heading out to Kokanee Springs in southern British Columbia. 

There are fire bans in place, but that's fine. Two weeks of hiking and relaxing. An no cell coverage. I love it.

This is our rig from last year. The truck is different now though.

DSC_3467.JPG

Went out to Carrabba's for dinner last night. Ate too much because it's so good.  Stopped at 2 furniture stores and Lowe's looking for a portable kitchen island.  Marcia did an Amazon sale thing and bought us an Instant Pot pressure cooker.  Too big for the counter so now we need more furniture.  I offered her the rolling cart I used to have a spray booth on.  She said  no.  I told to send the pressure cooker back.  She said no.  Planning on some kind of pot roast out of this thing soon.

Too big for the counter so now we need more furniture.  I offered her the rolling cart I used to have a spray booth on. 

Thanks, that may be the solution for not having room for a spray booth. Only have 2 places were I have access to a outside window or sliding door  to vent it and power plugs also. One is totally in the way in the living room and the other is on the kitchen counter between the sink (good) and stove (bad).  Mount it and the compressor on a cart, roll it out, hook up the outlet hose to the window, plug it in and spray, unhook and roll it back into a corner or the closet. Small 1 bedroom condos sort of suck, but it was all I could afford at the time. Even with mortgage and association fee still cheaper then a 1 bedroom apartment which would have been probably much smaller..

Nope! Bringing one of my guitars, but that`s it! Just the fam and the outdoors for the whole time. :)

I agree as I don't bring models, car magazines, computers, on my vacations either as I want to get away from that stuff for awhile, and it'll all be there when I get back.