Sorry for the slow response on this one...couldn't find what paint had I used on the #5....it was Testors Extreme Lacquer, Pure Gold (rattle can) over a black base. But can't recall if it was two or three coats. You are right, the proper shade is not easy to achieve....this was the closes.
Getting the proper stance on the two Meng's wasn't easy, the Fujumi kit wasn't bad. I lowered the fronts and the rears on the two Mengs by inverting the front wishbones and tweaking the rears which I discovered with the first kit (car #2). The stance bugged me so much I went back in and did the surgery. I built the #1 car with the front wishbones upside down and moved the rears up slightly (so the car would sit lower) from the start.
All the best,