Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

16 hours ago, atomicholiday said:

I can’t make out the price stickers.  Are they all marked $19.99?

14 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Yes.

Nothing really got my attention on those selections of model kits.

Nope.  I can zoom in and see the auto kits are tagged at $12.99, just like everywhere else.

• Like 1

I saw an ad on TV this morning, announcing that we're getting two Ollie's locations here finally.  

[edit] I looked up online to see where the stores would be and discovered that we already had one location.  I went by and they didn't have much, but for 12.99 I went ahead and grabbed the Manx and the 72 Chevy truck.  

ollies.jpg

Edited by JJ Deuce
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JJ Deuce said:

I saw an ad on TV this morning, announcing that we're getting two Ollie's locations here finally.  

[edit] I looked up online to see where the stores would be and discovered that we already had one location.  I went by and they didn't have much, but for 12.99 I went ahead and grabbed the Manx and the 72 Chevy truck.  

ollies.jpg

How’s the steering wheel in your truck kit?  Mine was badly bent.  I contacted Round 2 for a replacement and they said ALL of the kits they had to pull parts from were bent.  They couldn’t send me one.

IMG_3437.jpeg.74785d9a25a7faf9537b90a9792410f8.jpeg

Edited by atomicholiday

2 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Hope you will not be disappointed when you discover the truck is molded in red, at least the one left at my local Ollie's was.

It’s not ideal but I’ll probably just use it for parts.  I mostly got it for the Coke machine. 

2 hours ago, atomicholiday said:

How’s the steering wheel in your truck kit?  Mine was badly bent.  I contacted Round 2 for a replacement and they said ALL of the kits they had to pull parts from were bent.  They couldn’t send me one.

IMG_3437.jpeg.74785d9a25a7faf9537b90a9792410f8.jpeg

I didn’t notice but I can work around it if I need to.  

I've been watching what different Ollie's has from what people have been posting. I see these Classic Cruisers Monogram/Revell kits such as the 56 Chevy and 69 Camaro. These were the Re-package kits by Ollies. (The Ollie's price tags were under the clear plastic) Recently my son picked up an AMT 63 Impala (the ones that Wal-Mart had awhile back.) Our local Ollie's had a single case of the Impalas with the custom body, he picked up the last one they had. I'm just wondering what other unique kits are out there... the Camaro is cool.

IMG_8874.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, disconovaman said:

I've been watching what different Ollie's has from what people have been posting. I see these Classic Cruisers Monogram/Revell kits such as the 56 Chevy and 69 Camaro. These were the Re-package kits by Ollies. (The Ollie's price tags were under the clear plastic) Recently my son picked up an AMT 63 Impala (the ones that Wal-Mart had awhile back.) Our local Ollie's had a single case of the Impalas with the custom body, he picked up the last one they had. I'm just wondering what other unique kits are out there... the Camaro is cool.

IMG_8874.jpg

Is that Camaro a recent addition to ollie's? 

I know this is by no means one of the the better camaro kits, but it brings back a flood of memories for me.