Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2017 Releases

Casey

Or as Jesse hinted at, this, based on the Owens-Corning/Rebel Racer:

68-dx-2_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Could be, but Revell's roadster kit is a '68, not a '69. Not that there's a huge difference between the two, but there are little things, as Tim Boyd showed us in a mag article many many years ago.

If the Anglia is an SSP deal, maybe they'll put the original Ansen mag wheels back in.  If so, they'll probably issue the Thames panel again soon.

I've got the recent Yenko book, and I don't recall seeing any '69 Corvettes in it.  Maybe they're issuing the Camaro yet again?

Well, it all depends on what was on the lass issue of the kit, The Model King version and from what I can see on the box art, it has the original style wheels. 

Image result for revell anglia gasser model king

And hopefully not these 

Image result for revell anglia gasser

Could the RX-7 be the old 1/24 Monogram kit?  It was only released a few times IIRC.  Once stock and once as a "cafe racer" (front spoiler, flared wheel wells, Jongbloed wheels, some racing graphics).  I've got a glue bomb of it in the stash but would love a clean kit.

I vote for the Cafe Racer! 

Image result for monogram mazda rx 7

But the stock if fine also

Image result for monogram mazda rx 7

Could the RX-7 be the old 1/24 Monogram kit?  It was only released a few times IIRC.  Once stock and once as a "cafe racer" (front spoiler, flared wheel wells, Jongbloed wheels, some racing graphics).  I've got a glue bomb of it in the stash but would love a clean kit.

The stock version was reissued once in the late '90's. The cafe racer has never been reissued; the new reissue kit has both stock and cafe racer parts in the same box. 

I am wondering if the Suburban will be new from the ground up, or if it will be a new body and interior, but use most of the mechanical parts and chrome from the '66 Pickup.  Either way, it should be nice.  That '64/'65/'66 pickup was a pretty decent kit.  The biggest gripes were the bed and the roof.  The underpinnings were pretty nice.  If they tool a new body for it, they should have a winner, although I really want to see 4WD too.  

Well, it all depends on what was on the lass issue of the kit, The Model King version and from what I can see on the box art, it has the original style wheels. 

Image result for revell anglia gasser model king

And hopefully not these 

Image result for revell anglia gasser

The wheels pictured on the Model King box are pretty close to what was on the 1:1 car, but nowhere near what was in the kit.  The kit's chassis and engine are all wrong for the 1:1, but the Anglia body makes the kit worthwhile.

I don't think those wheels were in the Model King issue; the box art on some MK releases showed parts that weren't in the box. 

I think the panel truck would be fairly straightforward.  (Of course I have said that about other projects that weren't)  I am looking at pictures of 1960 Suburbans, wondering how hard it is going to be to graft the '66 roofline onto the '60 AMT Pickup.  Hopefully, AMT sees fit to drop a reissue of that to coincide with the Revell release.  

It looks like the back half will work out with just a few tweaks.  The front part is going to take some work.  The front side windows and trim will have to be retained from the '60 pickup, while the rest of the body should be okay from the '66.  Either way, it will take a bit of cutting, and I don't think the contours of the '60 and '66 roofs are going to match, looking at the two pickup models.  

If the 'Burban is compatible with the existing pickups, then the '64 and '65 versions will be easy.  

Edited by DaveM
Typo

I think the panel truck would be fairly straightforward.  (Of course I have said that about other projects that weren't)  I am looking at pictures of 1960 Suburbans, wondering how hard it is going to be to graft the '66 roofline onto the '60 AMT Pickup.  Hopefully, AMT sees fit to drop a reissue of that to coincide with the Revell release.  

It looks like the back half will work out with just a few tweaks.  The front part is going to take some work.  The front side windows and trim will have to be retained from the '60 pickup, while the rest of the body should be okay from the '66.  Either way, it will take a bit of cutting, and I don't think the contours of the '60 and '66 roofs are going to match, looking at the two pickup models.  

If the 'Burban is compatible with the existing pickups, then the '64 and '65 versions will be easy.  

You're post brought back a long lost memory. My grandfather had a black '60 panel truck for his work vehicle when I was barely able to walk, this was in the early 80's. I've got to try to build it now.

The wheels pictured on the Model King box are pretty close to what was on the 1:1 car, but nowhere near what was in the kit.  The kit's chassis and engine are all wrong for the 1:1, but the Anglia body makes the kit worthwhile.

I don't think those wheels were in the Model King issue; the box art on some MK releases showed parts that weren't in the box. 

Now that you mention it, that is totally a customized model . Not the box stock kit. The front grill is closed up and yes, the wheels have been replaced. 

I guess I got duped by the Model King! 

Now that is some serious misrepresentation of what is in the kit. 

I think the panel truck would be fairly straightforward.  

Not sure if the panel truck (or whatever GM officially called it) and Suburban roof heights and greenhouses were the same, but I suspect looking through the body diagrams at the GM Heritage 'site would provide a clearer answer.

I'm going to guess this forthcoming '66 Suburban is akin to the Rat Roaster-- based on earlier design work and very similar to earlier sibling kits, but not exactly the same with all-new molds this time. I doubt a 4-wheel drive version will happen, sad to say, but I second the idea for Round2 to try and steal some of Revell's thunder by reissuing the stock '60 Chevy Custom Fleetside kit.

1. 85-4426 - 1/25 Ford F-100 Pickup Truck - Foose Design (new tool)

Well we all know "new tool" just means they made some Foose wheels and not changing anything about the actual kit. Its sad as Foose's F-100 is one of the only vehicles of his that I like. 

Well we all know "new tool" just means they made some Foose wheels and not changing anything about the actual kit. Its sad as Foose's F-100 is one of the only vehicles of his that I like. 

That IS NOT THE CASE with the F-100 and it has been discussed here many times.  This is a new tool and reflects FOOSE's truck, and is NOT a STOCK build.  Foose's truck is quite unique and they measured the actual vehicle.

The Suburban will be STOCK and be 2 wheel drive even though the GM Heritage version measured is 4 Wheel Drive. 

The Mazda can be built stock or race.  The race parts will be included.

I forgot to ask about the 69 Yenko Vette.

What's sad is you have chosen to be uninformed by not utilizing the resources available to you.

http://www.chipfoose.com/ws_display.asp?filter=Blog_Detail&item_id={883767C3-4512-498F-9A6F-E6EC8198FE14}

"... the winners are Foose's iconic 1956 Ford F100 Pickup & 1948 "Eldorod" Cadillac. Both vehicles will be released by Revell as all new model kits in late 2016..."

Now, I grant you the F-100 is a bit late in arriving, but...:

foosestart.jpg