Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2017 Releases

Casey

Just for reference this was Revell's BM Corvette kit.

Image result for revell baldwin motion corvette

Not my work but a nice build-up of the kit.

Image result for revell baldwin motion corvette

Change the hood and you would pretty much have the Yenko coupe.

corp_1004_09%2b1969_chevrolet_corvette%2

The regular '69 Corvette 427 Coupe kit already has the that hood in it, they just need to reissue it with a Yenko decal to make the yellow car.  The last reissue of it in the California Wheels boxing had the side-pipes and B/M hood as part of the "Custom" version included, but I don't know which set of wheels it came with, as I still have an original "429" Coupe misprint floating around that I haven't got past building part of the chassis on a long time ago.

Yeah, I'm glad it is stock too. There are still enough of the '65 Chevy 2'n'1 kits around that you can source 19" rims and Chrome goodies from if you want to customize your "Burban.  That said, it would have been nice as a 4x4 as we could then put those parts under the '64-'66 Pick ups to make 4x4's out of them too. I have to think though, that since modern Revell Policy emphasizes maxim tool utility, that there may be more coming on the 'Burban from in a year or two.

Those pics reminded me: If you had the luggage rack on the trunk of your C2 or C3 Vette, how did you get to the gas cap? Did these racks hinge up, or what?

Getting at the gas cap in your Corvette with the luggage rack, was not a problem unless you had luggage on the rack. The bars of the rack were spaced wide enough to get easy access to your gas cap. But, stop for gas and you had to take off your luggage to fill up your Vette.

Edited by unclescott58

Makes sense they would do it 2wd--their existing '64-66 Chevy pickup tooling is 2wd, and unlike today, very few Suburbans back then were 4x4.   Glad it is stock...

You're probably right Rob, but would've been nice, if only to kit bash with the pickup kits.

IMHO a 4x4 set up adds real value to a truck kit, but probably sales records of similar kits prove me wrong ;)

Getting at the gas in your Corvette with the luggage rack, was not a problem unless you had luggage on the rack. The bars of the rack were spaced wide enough to get easy access to your gas cap. But, stop for gas and you had to take off your luggage to fill up your Vette.

Did other releases of the 69 Corvette have the luggage rack?

That suburban is such an unusual subject... But certainly a breath of fresh air :D

What I am most curious about, however, are the wheels on that Ford pickup... The 1:1 are Foose Design Nitrous, if I remember correctly, and I would not mind having a nice set of these!

Edited by PowerPlant

As much as a 4X4 of the Suburban would be cool, and I hope it does come later, the stock or 2wd, i think is a more common version for everyday type of vehicles. Service, Push/Pit truck and family truckster. 

I know it is not the same year or make, other than GM, but this is what I have in mind for it. 

Image result for Don Garlits Suburban

Yeah for the Suburban and the F100. I love it that the RX 7 the old first gen curbside from the late 70s is coming out again. this was a very well proportioned curbside. Gotta have it. Please, please buy lots of them so they will be encouraged to rerelease all the other kits in this series. I need more of these to relive my childhood and this time I promise not to blow them up with firecrackers!

Edited by oldcarfan

I am not 100% sure on this, but Grafting the front clip of the AMT 60 Pickup to the

Revell 66 Suburban Should give you a good looking (Correct?) 60 Suburban

The 60 is the same basic shape & design as the 64-66 series to my eye at least!!

Got to find the 60 I started way back when first issued!!

I have an open re-issue showing the Original Annual Long-box.

(I was Very angry they did that as I wanted the Longbox!!)

Definitely interested in the RX-7. How is the engine in those kits?

This was a simplified kit, I don't remember it having an engine, though I could be wrong. Either way, I remember the proportions being very good. I don't have the RX7, but I bought and built the 924 from this series a while back. They come out really nice.

This was a simplified kit, I don't remember it having an engine, though I could be wrong. Either way, I remember the proportions being very good. I don't have the RX7, but I bought and built the 924 from this series a while back. They come out really nice. modelminePorsche9241_zpsd63gxalq.png

Looking at this auction here on eBay, I see an open hood and on the box art, the RX-7 is showing an engine. I've never had this kit, so I may pick one up. I do know that those RX-7's are MIGHTY fast as I can remember having a street match with a late '70's one with my '69 AMX many years ago.

The tiny two rotor couldn't pass me going across a mile stretch on a bridge, but it was never more than two car lengths behind the whole time. I'd say we were going at least 120+ MPH and I was quite surprised as I never knew they could move that fast! :o