Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sad Sad Sad News: Our Harry Passed Away

You're all very kind but the real thanks should go elsewhere.

Early on in his battle, I saw that phone talks with Harry were becoming very problematic for him. Fatigue, bureaucracy, in / out of various facilities and a growing weakness showed me I could not burden him any more with calls. He abandoned the web early on because of fatigue and mental anguish. To his credit, he always made a point to talk to me and share his burden. I just kept things light and brief to hopefully raise his spirits and not press him on his need to comply with the onerous tasks of fighting severe cancer. Throughout, Harry kept wondering how he got 'from there - to here' -fighting for his life. Very real for all of us.

One day I got a call from his son Gary and we began a very solid relationship. He always responded to email and I could share effective actions that worked in my wife's cancer fight, without lecturing Harry.. Although living in another state, Gary would come and stay with Harry for a week or ten days at a time, being his care advocate and fighting the insurance and oncology juggernauts. Shopping, house cleaning, car repair, he did it all alone for his father.

From my dealings with him, Harry can be highly proud that his kid is articulate, appreciative and was deeply dedicated to saving his father. A very class kid - one any of us as parents would be gratified to have. It's great to know that our Harry raised children as thoroughly as he created art. 

Let's just celebrate our dear friend, his life, work and family. All praise to Harry.

EDIT: I just got word that Gary has read and shared this thread with his sisters and Harry's brother. They are very appreciative and your voices are all going to the people that mattered most to Harry. A wonderful tribute.

Edited by Cato

I've just read this and am speechless, I did not know Harry personally but he seemed to always have time for everyone on here no matter who they were he truly was a great bloke and we are forever in his debt for what he did for this hobby.

Rest in peace mate 

and my thoughts are with Cato during this tough time, take care bud 

God Speed Harry, You will be missed, and God Bless his family, as they're the ones that will take the loss the hardest, God Bless them all! And to the rest of us, a message, he's in better hands, and a better place, even tho he will be missed, please, he's not struggling anymore!

R.I.P my friend!

Everyone has a Harry story.   When I first got started as a consultant, he gave me council as to how to set up my tax accounts and such.  I'll bet few if any here knew he was also a stamp collector... I used to share new things I acquired with him.  

With all that's over, I hope that his estate brings a level of comfort and security to his children and their young families.

I just saw this thread too and all I can say is that this is some very sad news.:( I never met him in person, but he spent a lot of time and effort keeping this forum as good as it is, plus that watching his fantastic builds was a privilege. Sad news, RIP Harry.

OMG, It's really amazing to see all the outpouring of love for Harry and his family. I know it has been said here previously that Harry is not in and pain and suffering any longer. And that is true, that is left to family and friends to now heal from their pain from the feeling of loss.

I never met Harry, and only had minimal interaction with him. But after hearing all the great comments, i wish I had know him better.
Just my comments for all they're worth, So I'll close and say: Rest easy now Harry, Your race is run.

For some of those who don't really know the kind of guy Harry was, and the amount of time and effort he put into helping people in the community, have a look at his 7-part tutorial on using Photoshop, at the top of this section of this board...

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/forum/20-auto-art/

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Hi,

My deep condolences.

A dear friend who I also happen to meet here on the forums passed recently, hence my absence.  Coming here reminds me of him so it saddens me much.

His wife asked I not mention his passing, hence no name.

PS I would like to add that Harry for me, was encouraging in my model building endeavors.  I would always look forward to his posts and replies to my latest builds.  He was for certain, a craftsmen to the utmost degree.

Edited by aurfalien