Model Cars Magazine Forum

1979 Cadillac Limousine Stretch "Moloney-Embassy" style

Jeffcad

Hi guys,

Today I share with you my latest Cadillac Conversion/restauration. This is a Stretched limousine made from the 1979 Jo-Han's coupe Deville. I received the model in a decent shape but it needed a total restauration, as the previously made conversion was showing age and unaccurate doors and roof. Cause of its extra long wheelbase, It couldn't be treated as a "regular" series 75 limousine so I thought about a "Moloney-ish" conversion. This Cadillac received new sculpted door and windows design treatment, sculpted front and rear shock absorber lines, new higher roof with larger B and C pilars, opera lights, detailed interior, new chromes, new paint and hand made mirror finish, a 0.2mm black strip water decal,  to get closer to an exclusive embassy style limousine. Hope you'll like it ! ;)

20170316_163011_33351521701_o.jpg

IM8A5809.JPG

IM8A5852.JPG

IM8A5819.JPG

IM8A5830.JPG

IM8A5827.JPG

IM8A5860.JPG

Edited by Jeffcad
  • Like 1

Very nice limo!  No matter which manufacturer's style you choose, it can't be all wrong because there were so many little shops doing this work.  

Back in this era, a group of my work colleagues and I had to go from New Jersey into New York City for a meeting.  Through our transportation department we asked for a window van type transport.  Guess what showed up?  A huge stretch limousine!  Near embarrassed to be seen being picked up by such a car in front of our building, we all piled in and headed into the city.

When we got to the destination, the car couldn't make it through the circle in front of the building.  It was too long to make the arc! The rear wheels mounted the curb and it got stuck there.  We all went in to our meeting, and left it up to the driver.  It was his issue.   When he picked us up later, the car was sitting at the curb!

Edited by Tom Geiger

On 11/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Very nice limo!  No matter which manufacturer's style you choose, it can't be all wrong because there were so many little shops doing this work.  

Back in this era, a group of my work colleagues and I had to go from New Jersey into New York City for a meeting.  Through our transportation department we asked for a window van type transport.  Guess what showed up?  A huge stretch limousine!  Near embarrassed to be seen being picked up by such a car in front of our building, we all piled in and headed into the city.

When we got to the destination, the car couldn't make it through the circle in front of the building.  It was too long to make the arc! The rear wheels mounted the curb and it got stuck there.  We all went in to our meeting, and left it up to the driver.  It was his issue.   When he picked us up later, the car was sitting at the curb!

Hello Tom ! Thanks, that's a funny story ;) . Some of these extra long limos were indeed "too much" ...and I guess a lot of chauffeurs must have had hard times and nightmares on many occasions :)

• 1 year later...