Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Cadillac Sedan De Ville Flat top

Jeffcad

3 minutes ago, Jeffcad said:

Hi Tom, thanks !.  Yes indeed, it's also sad that there is no big choices in regular plastic kits anymore,  stock versions, of 1950-1985 american cars. Times where Jo-Han models were king is long gone. New generation now is more attracted with multimedia games, not much building car models. Then, from the NNL show coverages I can see here and there, customs ans lowriders are legion. Not my cup of tea at all...

All the more reason to forge ahead and build what you like the way you like to see it built. Only strive to please yourself and let others see the wisdom in what you choose.

That is really cool!  Doing that color totally makes sense.  Funny I see this, just sent off the dashboard of a kit in my stash to get chrome plated, I ain't painting that!

(when I read "flat top" thought aircraft carrier, was expecting airplanes on the hood)

Edited by 89AKurt

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing to see this shape, not as popular as the coupes or convertibles. The other 4 door style has a slightly taller roof style but only the old Johan's have that.

Have to say the 1960 is my favourite year, check my avatar, that is a flat top sedan. Years ago I built a replica of it from the Gunze Sango 1/32 kit. It was available before Monogram's pink convertible I believe and the only thin available other than the Johan at the time.

DSCF0120.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 3:22 PM, HotRodaSaurus said:

Amazing to see this shape, not as popular as the coupes or convertibles. The other 4 door style has a slightly taller roof style but only the old Johan's have that.

Have to say the 1960 is my favourite year, check my avatar, that is a flat top sedan. Years ago I built a replica of it from the Gunze Sango 1/32 kit. It was available before Monogram's pink convertible I believe and the only thin available other than the Johan at the time.

DSCF0120.jpg

Thank you John. Yes, I also love the 1960 Flat top as much as the '59. Your conversion looks really awesome too, feel free to share more pics. :)

• 3 years later...
23 hours ago, Perspective Customs said:

This build is still great to look at. Anyone know how to see what's available from Too Many Projects?

Hi Jay !.

You can follow Robert Burns ( too many projects ) from his facebook's page. It's simply called "Too many projects". Regularely he is posting models available with a list to choose and order from. That list is really impressive, with hundreds of never produced resin kits. Remember the kits are 3d printed, and incomplete. You need donors to finish them. And you can choose the resin quality. Brown resin is high end, with moderate sanding. White is lower quality with more prep.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 6:28 PM, Jeffcad said:

Hi Jay !.

You can follow Robert Burns ( too many projects ) from his facebook's page. It's simply called "Too many projects". Regularely he is posting models available with a list to choose and order from. That list is really impressive, with hundreds of never produced resin kits. Remember the kits are 3d printed, and incomplete. You need donors to finish them. And you can choose the resin quality. Brown resin is high end, with moderate sanding. White is lower quality with more prep.

Thanks Jeff. Facebook 🤢. I'll give it a try.

• Like 1

Great looking Caddy! My best friend  owns an extremely nice Inverness Green Series 62 Flattop and we have been cruising with that a lot in our youth. Would be great to find this resin kit and build a copy of my friend's car for him. 

20190421_173500.jpg

Edited by 1959
Photo add