Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Builders' Warehouse 3D Printed Borrani Wire Wheels

Hi Folks,

Here is the goal...

This  is our product that is loaded into the store now.  It is 15 inch wheel that will fit most 1/25th scale tires.  Shown here with an AMT Cobra tire and a Revell tire.  Have left it fairly wide so it fits more tires and the width  can be sanded or cut with a razor saw to fit your application.  This is a one piece print take comes ready to paint.  Set of four sells for $15.00     For those of you wanting a larger rim for 1/24th scale sports cars,  a larger version will be available in April.

6245349802_2b37bdb212_z.jpg

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

Just wanted to clarify, not all Borrani wire wheels have the spokes lace through the outer rim like that, correct?   They look really good, I'm impressed!

Do they come with the proper hammer? ?

What would it take to get Pirelli tires made, such as found in the Fujimi Daytona kit?  So many aftermarket wheels available, but no decent tires.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

Trying to think of a kit I have that these would be good for - would they be correct (or close) for Revell's Austin Healey 100-Six if I changed the knockoffs?

should work if the scale of the healey isn't too far off, I remember it being on the small side.

Edited by blunc

I ordered a set within minutes of seeing Randy's post. Wanted two sets just to help support the effort, but then realized the effort wouldn't be needed and now feel guilty for buying a set only to study and admire them.

Hi Folks,

First off,  a big thank you to the folks who purchased some wheel sets.  I seem to have underestimated the intial demand:)   Not to worry,  we will print more!

A special thanks to Ray, Bob  and Pete for being vocal in your support .

Two ear'ed knockoffs will be coming down the road.

Hopefully by the weekend we will have more of the 15 inch wheels in stock and the first batch of the larger size to fit 1/24th scale sports cars.  

Peteski,  posting a cut away of the wheel,  positive offset with a 1/16th dia. hole to aid in mounting.

Pictures are of  the larger size,  the wheel is shown fitted to HRM's Ferrari 250 GTO replacement tires...

20200328_074705.jpg

IMG_4717.JPG

Resized_20200331_192548.jpeg

2 hours ago, Randy D said:

Hopefully by the weekend we will have more of the 15 inch wheels in stock and the first batch of the larger size to fit 1/24th scale sports cars.  

Peteski,  posting a cut away of the wheel,  positive offset with a 1/16th dia. hole to aid in mounting.

Pictures are of  the larger size,  the wheel is shown fitted to HRM's Ferrari 250 GTO replacement tires...

20200328_074705.jpg

Thanks Randy.

Looking at the drawing, if I interpret the drawing correctly, the entire hub is very thin (like the 1:1 hub would be)?  And are the spokes hollow too?!

On 3/27/2020 at 4:02 PM, Randy D said:

Hi Folks,

Here is the goal...

This  is our product that is loaded into the store now.  It is 15 inch wheel that will fit most 1/25th scale tires.  Shown here with an AMT Cobra tire and a Revell tire.  Have left it fairly wide so it fits more tires and the width  can be sanded or cut with a razor saw to fit your application.  This is a one piece print take comes ready to paint.  Set of four sells for $15.00     For those of you wanting a larger rim for 1/24th scale sports cars,  a larger version will be available in April.

6245349802_2b37bdb212_z.jpg

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

These are great!!! Bought some at the NNL West. Will buy more!!!