Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Models has bought another lot of tooling/molds.....

• 3 weeks later...

Are those "copper" parts even plated? To me they look painted with (burnt) copper paint. Steering wheel looks like it is "gold" plated (likely standard aluminum metalized plastic with clear yellow top-coat).

Edited by peteski

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Is Atlantis reissuing the Uncertain T?

Pretty sure tooling is long gone. Per those at RM many years ago. A clone could be done....but not what Atlantis does right now. Add to it licensing issues with original builder. 

1 hour ago, Greg Myers said:

Licensing to who, for what ?

The original builder of 'T' is alive and a bit 'Different' fellow that has been planning for 15 years to make a new model kit of the car. He is also known for litigation.....the perfect  storm I bet Atlantis has no interest sailing into.  

The Uncertain T tooling hit the scrap pile, probably in the late 1970s per sources I trusted at Monogram when i posed this question about 25 years ago.... not only that, I have a theory on why the kit might had never been reissued (beyond licensing issues), as explained at the following link....TB 

Building the uber-rare Monogram Uncertain T album | Funman1712 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I picked up a couple of the Rattler kits and the plated tree is closer to clear red over chrome. The "chrome" was very difficult to strip as well requiring at least 2 rounds in the strip tank. Glad to see this kit out but very disappointed that Atlantis didn't just go with chrome. 

Edited by Phirewriter