Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 67 impala SS427

GoodbuildNY

Well I finally dragged this one across the finish line.... and it was a LONG time coming!!! This is based on the 90’s  ? Issue. Blue box art. This kit for various reasons was put on the back burner over the years but I finally worked up the ambition to finish it. Should of been a candidate for bring out your dead. Anyway, it’s finished in MCW royal plum with a red interior. It’s by far not my finest work and definitely has a few flaws but considering what its been through I’m ok with that. It’s a high quality driver lol. I tried to keep it at least neat and clean and keep detailing to a minimum. 

11FBC035-5905-4B8D-9C90-0CE58F0CDFDC.jpeg

37A4B4F5-1E46-48A4-9ED1-1B5A4C4F3499.jpeg

963301C4-DB8F-432E-B5B4-1F32A52A3304.jpeg

D1FE1E34-418A-4021-8060-74860EBBAB5A.jpeg

8ACA296C-B7DB-4EEE-AC15-3CE3B36830AB.jpeg

0E645F7B-ADA5-4AB3-8414-3127072CA23D.jpeg

C0D62AAD-DB6D-47DF-9F5D-C61774612431.jpeg

Yes, it is definitely a high quality build as it's detailed beautifully and built very cleanly. I've seen this color on 1:1 cars at shows but never on a scale model. The red interior (something else I haven't seen on the 1:1 cars in this color) also works well with the Royal Plum. This is one of my most favorite subjects as I have a couple of these kits in my collection that need to get built. 

Edited by AMT68

Thank you to everyone for all the compliments. I’m glad I could share the model with you all on this great forum. Hopefully I’ll see some pics of your 67’s soon. I will say, just a heads up if you haven’t built this kit before that the rear suspension is a little tricky. 

GoodbuildNY - that is a fantastic build and very nice attention to detail!

I bought this kit a few months back and now look more forward to building it thanks to you sharing your work.

The rear end details of the taillights, moldings and SS panel look so very sweet....

Thanks man!

1 hour ago, steveracer said:

GoodbuildNY - that is a fantastic build and very nice attention to detail!

I bought this kit a few months back and now look more forward to building it thanks to you sharing your work.

The rear end details of the taillights, moldings and SS panel look so very sweet....

Thanks man!

Thank you Steve. It’s always a great compliment to know your work has inspired others. During your build if you have any questions or are looking for reference material just let me know. I’d be glad to help.  Dave 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, charger74 said:

It looks very good 

Thank you Eric

On 1/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, drodg said:

Nice clean build

Thanks Dave

On 1/26/2021 at 12:46 PM, TransAmMike said:

Looks great to me Dave!!?

Thanks Mike

23 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Drop dead gorgeous.  Nicely detailed and a great color.

Thanks Jim

17 hours ago, majel said:

That is a great kit and you did it justice.  Very well done!

Thanks Jim

16 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

That looks great. I was toying doing my 4-door in this, but with the maroon interior.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie, you should. Royal plum was a cool one year only color. My pics don’t even do the color justice