Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63 Nova Wagon

Plowboy

55 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Amusing how different everyone wants to build theirs, but mostly ranging from stock to race cars!

Is anyone else thinking “auto parts delivery wagon” or “TV repair wagon” ?  Or any other light commercial ideas?

When and if these will be available in the UK I'll be doing a radio news crew car. Different car in the picture but to give an idea..

Radio Crew Car.jpg

19 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

When and if these will be available in the UK I'll be doing a radio news crew car. Different car in the picture but to give an idea..

Radio Crew Car.jpg

Sounds like a great idea. Looking at the picture you have of the '60 Chevrolet wagon I realized just how rare it is. This is a base two door wagon and very few were built and I think that the 1960 models were the last time Chevrolet offered that body style wagon.  

19 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Amusing how different everyone wants to build theirs, but mostly ranging from stock to race cars!

Is anyone else thinking “auto parts delivery wagon” or “TV repair wagon” ?  Or any other light commercial ideas?

It's definitely not from the lack of decals! Besides the script decals, that's all there is. There's decals for grocery, flower shop, phone service, vacuum cleaners, utility commission and even UFOs! For me, I'm just not interested in light commercial. I build what I would want to own/drive. I want at least one more to swap roofs with a '66 Nova. Maybe another to do a phantom El Camino. 

On 2/10/2021 at 5:21 PM, espo said:

This is a base two door wagon and very few were built and I think that the 1960 models were the last time Chevrolet offered that body style wagon.  

Maybe for a full-size, but of course they did 2-door wagons on the '64 and '65 Chevelles. 

12 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Maybe for a full-size, but of course they did 2-door wagons on the '64 and '65 Chevelles. 

I remember those well, but I was just thinking about the full size body styles. I tried to buy a one owner '65 Chevelle 300 two door wagon around '83 bur even at that time the guy wanted more than it had cost new and it needed a lot of work. Further back in time I took a '58 Chevrolet Yeoman wagon in part trade on a '57 Ford I was selling around '68  I didn't fully appreciate what the car was at the time and foolishly sold it. Hindsight is always 20/20 vision I have been told. 

Edited by espo