Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Yenko Nova! ???

2 hours ago, Painted Black said:

It could be made to work, with a lot of changes, the first would be the different wheel arches then make the upper and lower grilles match better, etc,etc.

X2!  Much more needs to be done to get it closer to the '68-'72 to get my money!

I like it. The only change I'd make is to make the front wheel opening match the rear one.

If someone on here posted a pic of a new Camaro model modified to look like that I bet everyone would be telling them how great it looks and that they're a genius. 🤨

Meh... stance is too low, looks like it's to imitate a Mustang up front, not too crazy on the lines on the body style. I can deal with the tail light choice.

It looks as if they're combining the '69 - '70 Nova to a Mustang look.

Today's auto designers have zero imagination in the design department. So.... a hard pass for me.

People forget Nova means No go in Spanish. Lolol!

21 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Google translate says it means "not going." Close enough? :unsure:

No. [nova] in Spanish means a type of star, same as in English.  Not the same as "no va".

It would be the same as using the name "Notable" on a kitchen set and people not buying it because they thought it didn't have a table with it. "no table"

It's just bad grammar and an old wives tale.  

Check here Snake.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chevrolet-nova-name-spanish/

37 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

No. [nova] in Spanish means a type of star, same as in English.  Not the same as "no va".

It would be the same as using the name "Notable" on a kitchen set and people not buying it because they thought it didn't have a table with it. "no table"

It's just bad grammar and an old wives tale.  

Check here Snake.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chevrolet-nova-name-spanish/

Not the same. You don't see spaces with the spoken word. No table and notable are pronounced different, while no va and nova sound the same.