Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1968 Chevy Camaro Z28 in Nassau Blue Metallic.

Dragonhawk1066

Here's the AMT 1968 Camaro Z28 that I finished over the weekend. It's painted in Model Master Nassau Blue Metallic, and cleared with Model Master Clear Gloss. I gave it the usual wet-sand, polish, and wax treatment. The interior is two different mixtures of craft paints, one for the seats, door panels and dashboard, and the other for the carpet area and rear shelf.

The wheels are from MAD Modeling, and were airbrushed with Molotow Chrome from a refill pen, and the spokes were painted with Anita's Galvanized Tin. The air cleaner is a machined unit from Off The Sprue, the carburetor is from Fireball Modelworks. The trim was done with Bare Metal Foil, and I added valve stems, ignition wires, and heater hoses for extra detail. This was a typical older mold from AMT with a not-so detailed one piece interior tub, but it did go together really well and was a really fun build, so a definite thumbs-up from me. Thanks for looking!

1a.JPG

2a.JPG

6b.JPG

8.JPG

10.JPG

15a.JPG

17a.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

25.JPG

29.JPG

34.JPG

• Like 1

Great looking Camaro. I have read others saying this is a misshaped body in this kit, but it doesn't look that way here at all. The paint and stripe decals look good and the trim is all cleanly done. I like the realistic way you did the unibodies undercarriage. 

7 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Beautiful build! First time recalling I se a amt Camaro of this generation. Looks good!

7 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking Camaro. I have read others saying this is a misshaped body in this kit, but it doesn't look that way here at all. The paint and stripe decals look good and the trim is all cleanly done. I like the realistic way you did the unibodies undercarriage. 

6 hours ago, larman said:

When I think first gen Camaro, this is how I picture it!  Blue with stripes, 5 spoke mags......Excellent job!

6 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Very nice! Great color and finish, and perfect selection of wheels and tires. Well done and model on! B)

6 hours ago, Hi-Po said:

Nice looking build.

5 hours ago, cobraman said:

Great looking model, well done !

5 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Great looking '68 Craig, looks perfect with the wheels👍

3 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Awesome look, very nice build !! 👍😀

3 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Agree 

1 hour ago, PappyD340 said:

Looks great!

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Nice looking Camaro.  That color looks spot on.  Great job.

1 hour ago, TooOld said:

Like already has been said the color is perfect for this year Camaro and so is your choice of wheels .  The added details to the engine are the icing on the cake , great job !

Thanks guys!!

On 11/22/2021 at 7:26 PM, Classicgas said:

Very well done. 

On 11/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, charger74 said:

It looks very good 

On 11/23/2021 at 2:24 AM, Bills72sj said:

That turned out very nice.

On 11/23/2021 at 3:03 AM, doorsovdoon said:

Nicely detailed. I like the painted rear drums and front discs, gorgeous looking paint too.

On 11/23/2021 at 5:24 AM, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

21 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Nicely done, I do like the underside subtle weathering. Great job. Nicely detailed . I like it .

16 hours ago, Plowboy said:

One of the best examples of this kit that I've seen! The color looks perfect on it! Nice work Craig!

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated!