Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Ford Falcon

JustCraig

This what happens when you receive a model in the mail while reading a stack of magazines from 1982. I bought this resin body from Southern Motorsports Hobbies. It was nicely cast, but stock. No chassis, interior or glass. I vacuum formed a windshield. Shaved all the stock trim. Radiused the rear wheel wells. Inset '32 hood sides in the hood. Used the chassis and interior tub from the amt 66 nova. Cast my own wheels with the fronts narrowed. The stripes are painted on. Those photos where shot at the 1982 Street Rod Nationals in St Paul. As you can see I used that Roadster as inspiration for this build. Kind of like a companion piece. Not many people are building from this time period. 

20211205_205513.jpg

20211205_205438.jpg

20211205_205217.jpg

20211205_204800.jpg

20211205_204647.jpg

20211205_205104.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Craig that is a heck of a build.  I have a couple projects I plan to do early 80s style.  You’re right, not many folks do cars of that era.  Yours makes me want to do a Pro Street car with “anodized“ aluminum interior and other custom tricks of the time.  Champ 500s....you’re hitting me where I live!- Mark

I still have the Nova tube chassis Pro Street in my avatar.  It has Auto Drag wheels but I seriously considered Champs.  I wish I had gone with them.  Oh well,  I’ll just have to live with the 1/25 set I am using on my current Pro Street 69 Road Runner model.