Model Cars Magazine Forum

Snow!

Smoke Wagon

I know you folks in the midwest and you neighbors to the north must be rolling your eyes at this and collectively saying, “Hold my beer, I’ll do you one better”, but last time this valley in particular got any real snow was in 2018. I think we got more than that this year and we’ve still got snowflakes scheduled on the ‘ol forecast this week. What’s funny is that it started snowing the day after Christmas. Anybody else having unexpected snowfall this winter? 

AE8E8D31-BFB4-4CF8-8C37-A550E1DB5BD2.thumb.jpeg.558aa777f3257c142c459d511bb0c59b.jpeg

(This photo was after I knocked most of the snow off the vehicles and took the Dodge for a drive).

Looks like I’ll have more time at the bench this week than I thought I would, not exactly the best weather for doin’ concrete.

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

Not unexpected but a small amount started up here (Portland metro area) yesterday and continues today. Just enough to make things pretty.

Friends in Vancouver posted a video on Instragram of their ~6 month puppy running around catching snowflakes.

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

I like a wnter with a lot of snow and not much cold.

Well, we have a decent amount of snow, but we're in the deep freeze right now. -34 degrees Celcius.

Yeah, but its got to stay cold enough to keep the stuff frozen! 🥶Otherwise the roads are a sloppy mess. It’s -13 Celsius  ( 8.6 deg F) here now and snowing. They say we could get 4”-6” and I believe it. I drove across town this morning in the F250 in 4wd with the locker engaged (I don’t get to use it much😃) and it was fun. We saw a city bus stuck at a stop…he managed to get going again, since he caught up to us later.

Edited by NOBLNG

3 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

I know you folks in the midwest and you neighbors to the north must be rolling your eyes at this and collectively saying, “Hold my beer, I’ll do you one better”, but last time this valley in particular got any real snow was in 2018. I think we got more than that this year and we’ve still got snowflakes scheduled on the ‘ol forecast this week. What’s funny is that it started snowing the day after Christmas. Anybody else having unexpected snowfall this winter? 

AE8E8D31-BFB4-4CF8-8C37-A550E1DB5BD2.thumb.jpeg.558aa777f3257c142c459d511bb0c59b.jpeg

(This photo was after I knocked most of the snow off the vehicles and took the Dodge for a drive).

Looks like I’ll have more time at the bench this week than I thought I would, not exactly the best weather for doin’ concrete.

Sorry Riley, we had 70 degrees here. That wasn't expected either. Snow is always pretty to look at and fun to play in, for a while. Then it's trying to get thru it to get to work or wherever else you need to go that kind of kills the fun factor. Watch out for the drivers that think they know how to drive in it.  

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

Yeah, but its got to stay cold enough to keep the stuff frozen! 🥶Otherwise the roads are a sloppy mess. It’s -13 Celsius  ( 8.6 deg F) here now and snowing. They say we could get 4”-6” and I believe it. I drove across town this morning in the F250 in 4wd with the locker engaged (I don’t get to use it much😃) and it was fun. We saw a city bus stuck at a stop…he managed to get going again, since he caught up to us later.

That's about perfect weather. -15 Celcius or so, and a couple of feet of snow!

This whole -30 thing is no fun for anyone!

I've come to dislike snow ESPECIALLY if I have to go out in it. We got a little bit today........I'd sooner NOT have it snow the entire winter if I were King. 

I shot a little video right outside my back window as it was falling. Looks nice, UNTIL you get enough of it you have to shovel! 🥴

3 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

My son wants that truck sooooo bad!LOL

Hehehe, I plan on keeping this one. Although, these ‘92-‘96 F-150s aren’t hard to find over in the pacific northwest if you and/or your son are in the market. I bought my ‘94 earlier this year for $5,500, has 130,000 miles on the odo, 4x4, and the 5.0 V8.

My advice if you’re looking for one is to try and find one with the dual fuel tanks. You’ll get twice the driving range. Another thing, ask the seller if the radius arm bushings have been replaced (those are a pain to do) and see if the third brake light lens on the back of the cab isn’t broken (Ford stopped making replacements a few years ago). Starting in ‘94, all the half-tons came with driver side airbags standard. 

Been unseasonably mild this winter so far in Cleveland.  Only a dusting of snow earlier in the month. Lots of rain.  But January is almost here...mid Jan through Feb is usually the coldest... March is only a little over 2 months away.  

Edited by Rob Hall

14 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Hehehe, I plan on keeping this one. Although, these ‘92-‘96 F-150s aren’t hard to find over in the pacific northwest if you and/or your son are in the market. I bought my ‘94 earlier this year for $5,500, has 130,000 miles on the odo, 4x4, and the 5.0 V8.

My advice if you’re looking for one is to try and find one with the dual fuel tanks. You’ll get twice the driving range. Another thing, ask the seller if the radius arm bushings have been replaced (those are a pain to do) and see if the third brake light lens on the back of the cab isn’t broken (Ford stopped making replacements a few years ago). Starting in ‘94, all the half-tons came with driver side airbags standard. 

My son just loves that year and older Ford pickups but everything you find in this area are rust buckets and if you find one that looks really clean you have to look it over really good to see how much body work was done and anything they say were southern trucks need to be checked to make sure they aren't flood trucks.