Model Cars Magazine Forum

MGB Roadster

Bainford

22 hours ago, TooOld said:

Sharp little MG Trevor , great paint and very nicely detailed especially the interior !  I've got a couple of the Aoshima kits and never cared for the one piece windshield/frame either . I'm currently converting one to an MGB-GT .

Thanks, Bob. Much appreciated. I've been following your GT build. It's coming along beautifully. I have one of GT bodies myself and looking forward to getting at it someday. Cheers.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:51 AM, Bainford said:

Cheers Bill. Yes, from the days when sporting driving was done in simple machines. It's still my preference.

I appreciate the comments on the interior. For most of my building life I pretty much ignored interiors in favour of the more interesting things like engines and chassis. Somehow I've made a switch, and the last few years my builds have been curbside with all the work in the interior.

IMG_9794.thumb.JPG.e572052067fd3633ccfe3e677cecaa09.JPG

Unfortunately a bit of rough handling pulled away the piping from the top corner of the passenger seat. I couldn't fix it without making a visible mess, but then I thought, "Piping torn away from the top corner of the seat, how authentic is that?"

I thought the torn-away piping was intentional, and a perfect touch!

Edited by rightrudder

On 2/20/2022 at 8:15 PM, AMT68 said:

Incredibly realistic looking build and interesting tutorial on the seat piping. I'm still digesting your tutorial on making gauge bezels. 

Cheers, Tom. If you have any questions on the bezels, just give a holler. The tutorial makes it look complicated, but once you get into it, it's really pretty simple. Expect to throw away the first couple, but you will quickly get the hang of it.

Many thanks guys, for the very kind comments. It's very nice to get some positive feedback. Cheers

12 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

I noted that this model is 1/24th scale not 1/32nd as is the norm with Airfix. Is it from the Aoshima moulds?

A lovely build that does justice to this very popular sports car. I like the way that the front wheels have been turned slightly that adds a little more realism to the model.

Noel, thanks for the kind words. This is the same tooling as used by Aoshima. I always thought it was an Airfix tool, used by Aoshima, probably because I knew of the Airfix kit first. I really don't know with whom the tooling originated.