Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars Magazine #215 should be hitting your mailboxes any day now. We jumped into the 3D printing deep end with stories that will inform modelers of all levels. If 3D isn’t quite your thing, don’t worry, there are still plenty of inspirational stories which include 8 pages of NNL West coverage.

MCM_215Cover1000px.jpg

• Like 4

What was that other magazine we lost that served the hobby?*

This issue raises the bar a bunch. 

*Plastic Fanatic (the forerunner to MCM) edited by Roy Sorensen whose picture is in this issue in the West Coast NNL article.

Edited by iBorg
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Got mine a couple of days ago.  Just had a chance to leaf through it, seems like it is going to be a good issue.  May be too "dated" to consider purchasing and learning how to use a 3D printer, but the technology is quite interesting.

I'm sure a year from now, some of the information will be obsolete. We can publish an update, but our publishing cycle is short enough that the information in this issue is quite fresh and up to date. 

7 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

I'm sure a year from now, some of the information will be obsolete. We can publish an update, but our publishing cycle is short enough that the information in this issue is quite fresh and up to date. 

Actually Dave, I was referring to me as being "dated", I am well past the let's try this new technology.  I will just sit back and enjoy the fruits of the labors of others. Just corrected my earlier post.

41 minutes ago, TonyK said:

I got what you were saying and feel the same way. Let the young enthusiastic ones learn this new stuff but I still enjoy reading about it.

There are lots of ways to enjoy this hobby. E.g. I'm not big into lowriders, but I appreciate and respect the craftsmanship that goes into them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

There are lots of ways to enjoy this hobby. E.g. I'm not big into lowriders, but I appreciate and respect the craftsmanship that goes into them. 

You're exactly right. The "hobby" is interesting no matter what the subject is and that's why I read this magazine from cover to cover. And Lowriders......A model of them and/or a real car makes my jaw drop. The talent these people have to create those paint jobs are unreal.

Great job on the magazine btw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...