Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Canada

Hello all, I've been lurking around the forum for a while and thought I'd set up a profile and introduce myself. I'm based in Victoria, BC and have recently met a few local builders who are also on here, @Phildaupho, @Misha and @Steve H - there's probably a few more but I haven't connected those dots yet.

I built models as a kid and for a short spell in my 30's but I've recently (2019) returned to the hobby and have been enjoying building again. I started building again as a nice, quiet hobby and it quickly became another creative outlet. To that end, I've jumped into 3D printing and am really enjoying the level of customization that it allows.

I'll build pretty much anything I find interesting but I do tend to lean to European and Japanese cars with some American cars in there as well. Here's a few builds that cover the international spectrum:

German:
 stokemodels_german.jpg.3ed971b50b585defdd40ab2114ec630a.jpg

British:

stokemodels_british.jpg.10aa32a9228cd55d3abc74bb0b09d9b9.jpg

Italian:

stokemodels_italian.jpg.3acdec5dc67e38d059210b49e740d3da.jpg

Japanese:

stokemodels_japanese.jpg.07e94f8209e0716523003557d1c804b2.jpg

And American:

stokemodels_american.jpg.b1abd9f23eeb51ba4aee31d0944f3e0d.jpg

Thanks for looking and I'm looking forward to being on the forum.

Martin.

• Like 4

Great to see you make an appearance on the forum from being a recent regular in the magazine [the last three issues - twice on the cover]. Your models really deserve to be posted Under Glass so more members can have a chance to see your outstanding builds and photography.

Edited by Phildaupho
  • Thanks 1

This is EXCELLENT news! Welcome aboard Martin. First, congratulations on your recent magazine articles and covers. Even though I have seen that ‘30 Ford in person, it somehow looks even better in print. This is partly your photography, and part seeing it bigger for my failing eyes. Anyone not familiar with Martin’s craftsmanship is in for a real treat. Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing builds, along with the incredible photography.  

Cheers, Steve

• Thanks 1

Welcome Martin, great to see your craftsmanship on the forum! Congrats also on the MCM cover. Having viewed your builds in person has been a real treat and certainly looking forward to your WIPs. There will be a load of techniques and methods that all members will benefit from. 

Welcome aboard, cheers Misha

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome Martin! I noticed a couple of your builds in the Under Glass section., and after seeing more here I have to tell you your builds are exemplary and your backgrounds and lighting are very artistically chosen. I’m looking forward to learning more about your work.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...