Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Chevelle

Kit Basher

This is the old Lindberg kit. I wanted to build it because I had heard so many good things about it. It lived up to it's reputation, a very nice kit. It is OOB except plug wires and the red line tires. The paint is a mix of AutoAir "Blizzard Blue" and "Nightmare Blue". It's not perfect but it's OK for me.

DSCN1991.JPG

DSCN2002.JPG

DSCN2003.JPG

DSCN2004.JPG

DSCN1999.JPG

DSCN1996.JPG

DSCN1997.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, espo said:

Great looking paint finish and the color reminds me of one they offered called Marina Blue and was really popular.  Clean looking engine and chassis. Like the wood steering wheel. 

Thanks, David! Marina Blue was what I was shooting for, but I'm not sure how close I got, since all I had were internet photos.

48 minutes ago, Zippi said:

That's a good looking Chevelle.  That blue looks nice.  Really like those red line tires.

Thanks, Bob! The red lines are the only gripe I have with the kit. They're shown on the box art, but not included in the kit. I stole them from the AMT "Polyglas Gasser", and they fit with some minor adjustment of the wheel backs.

3 hours ago, TooOld said:

Not perfect ? It looks mighty nice to me , great job !

Yep, looks like a great job on that one! Nice and clean work.

I built a 66 Impala in Testors Nassau Blue that looked a lot like this build and also have this Lindberg kit in the stash with a PE set to build someday.

Later-