Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Chevrolet Panel Truck

I have been plugging away at this for almost two years and hardly anything done to it last year. Time to rectify that, and hopefully posting this will keep me motivated.  Resin body,hood,grill, and interior tub. So far everything else is from the donor kit other than the seats. They are from the parts box. I do know that I removed the head rests, and the base is from another seat bottom. Paint is from Duplicolor. Here is where I am at.  Dash is tacked on to the firewall so I can make sure everything still goes together when it is installed. I need to finish the interior, and I think I have the interior color figured out. I am thinking a company logo on the side panels. I mean, that is why these were built after all.

20230224_135245.jpg

20230224_135235.jpg

20230224_135124.jpg

20230224_134947.jpg

20230224_134939.jpg

20230224_134802.jpg

20230224_135332.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 6

Thanks everyone !

Yeah Kurt,  the paint has cured. 😃 

I think the interior is sorted. I will let what I have dry fully and hope all the test fitting works. Now to figure out if I can use the pickup front glass or have to make one.

20230306_151833.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 2

Thanks Ron !  

When this gets put under glass, I will take a pic of it and my pickup side by side, and you can choose. 😃 

Getting close, just a few more pieces and it will be finished. It feels good to finally get this one done. 

One question, I like to put a shop logo in the panel area. I am on the fence. Part of me says the blue needs to broken up. I think I will wait until the visor is on.

I really don't have anything the right size or colors to fill the panel...so it will be blank until I find something that looks right.

20230308_154426.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...