Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tucker

Yes, there were diecast and resin models of the Tucker manufactured in multiple scales. but no plastic kits in 1:24/25 scale.  I own a 1:43 inexpensive diecast of that car, and it is surprisingly well made. I also doubt it will ever be made as a plastic kit. Familiar faith to the '71-'73 Boattail Buick Riviera - another car I would like to see as a plastic kit.

But with the 3D printing going strong, there is hope that both of those cars will be made as 1:24/25 models in not too distant future.

There is a 1:25 resin kit, by Modelhaus.

(Not live listings.  For reference only)

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/modelhaus-1948-tucker-torpedo-hardtop-519132623

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1948-tucker-modelhaus-resin-complete-1831274427

Note that the Tucker had often appeared in the Scale Auto Enthusiast kit-request poles years ago.  There was one Tucker that was raced (kinda).  Come on Mobius...

🙂

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, Brian Austin said:

Come on Mobius...

In a perfect world (where injection mold tooled kits weren’t so capital/ labor / time intensive), I can imagine Moebius extending their product line to include new kits of a Tucker, a Nash Metropolitan, ‘52 - ‘54 Kaiser sedans, a stock Henry-J/ Allstate and maybe even a Kaiser Darin sports car. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think we would see high quality injection molded kits of ‘52 - ‘54 Hudson Hornets and first generation Chrysler 300’s (and those wonderful ‘65 Plymouths!)….thank you Moebius!!!!

18 hours ago, papajohn97 said:

In a perfect world (where injection mold tooled kits weren’t so capital/ labor / time intensive), I can imagine Moebius extending their product line to include new kits of a Tucker, a Nash Metropolitan, ‘52 - ‘54 Kaiser sedans, a stock Henry-J/ Allstate and maybe even a Kaiser Darin sports car. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think we would see high quality injection molded kits of ‘52 - ‘54 Hudson Hornets and first generation Chrysler 300’s (and those wonderful ‘65 Plymouths!)….thank you Moebius!!!!

I’d love to see any of those, as well as a Tucker in styrene, to be honest!

• Like 1

Interesting.  Is that model made of metal or silver resin?

It appears to be "slush-cast", which is an old crude method of casting models, yet the wheels, axles, nylon axle retainers, and Philips-head screws all look modern.  Also since most models/toys are made in China, that "MADE IN USA" lettering also seems vintage.