Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1971 Ford Mustang Sportsroof

StokeModels

There's so much that's so good. Until I saw the picture of the engine with the photoshopped fingers I thought it was the real thing. Your tires are proof of why so many military modelers don't like rubber tires. The spark plug boots and hood latch are killer. Too much to list. Just a great build. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, StokeModels said:

The gas station is a diorama I built to be able to photograph my builds in. It's 6' x 4' and mounted on casters so i can roll it out of the garage and into natural light to shoot in. All of the pumps and canopy are 3D printed and the 'store' portion was built just using styrene sheet. 

I was gonna ask about the dio and you answered that question. 

WOW. WOW WOW and some more WOW!!! Everything about this build just screams realistic Martin. Such eye candy at every angle you look at this and that includes the dio as well. I really had to take a good look as I thought the first picture here was a reference photo that you were going to use for the build itself. Just crazy detail here.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the great comments - really appreciated!

10 hours ago, kelson said:

looking at the mainstreamer versions is sometimes more interesting than the hi-po versions for some reason.

Agreed, I think people put the time and effort into saving and restoring the performance versions, so we see this spec less frequently which, to me, makes it more interesting.

6 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Please show us more of the diorama.

I've got a few other posts with pictures of it but I'll try to gather some shots for a post about it.

4 hours ago, iBorg said:

Your tires are proof of why so many military modelers don't like rubber tires.

I've pretty much stopped using kit tires altogether. Being able to sand the bottoms down to get them to sit flat is really nice.

On 10/14/2023 at 2:46 PM, espo said:

I was all the way to the picture where you're holding the engine before I realized I was looking at your model and not a real car. I also have always been a fan of the understated look on high performance vehicles, and this has really captured that look. The level of detail on this build is about as realistic as it gets. 

Same! I was scrolling to see the model. Unreal. Stunning build. 

• Thanks 1

Holy cow, that is stunning! I stared at the pictures for twenty minutes. It seems to me that part of the realism lies in the tree branches and buildings across the street that are reflecting in the perfect paint job and back window. The only giveaway that it is pictures of a scale model, are the leaves behind the fence, and that nobody should ever park a car that nice in the middle of the street in front of a gas station. My word, this forum is loaded with highly talented modelers. Gives a less talented modeler hope.

• Thanks 1