Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

19 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Oh, I didn't know that, never had the one you have.

I've only seen the box art showing the 5 spoke wheels on the stock buildup. Good to know. 

Does it have both? 

Only the turbine rims were in the box.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wrenchr said:

I was there back in November, do not remember but also does not mean it was not there. It was a work party after hours for our 75th anniversery.

I'm only 10 minutes away from there.... I should go there after Sunday breakfast next week....

22 hours ago, Can-Con said:

The green one's actually the '79 annual, Jeff. MPV started using names on the annual kits for a while so they could be kept on the shelves longer without being seen as "old". 

I think the only difference between them is the '79 has the turbine style factory wheels instead of the 5 spoke Z-28 rally wheels.

IIRC, the ‘79 kit had the redesigned dash like the 1:1 had.  I built the ‘78 & ‘79 kits as a kid back in the day. 

44 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

IIRC, the ‘79 kit had the redesigned dash like the 1:1 had.  I built the ‘78 & ‘79 kits as a kid back in the day. 

It probably did. I have the '80 and 81, they have the updated dashes.

6 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

In the mail today: Though I had it already, I could not let it pass for  €  20,00 (+ postage)

P1080534.JPG.662ddc77594ab5a4812009d2d607905c.JPG 

You got that for a heck of a deal. 

I'm hoping they reissue some of the 356s like they did the early 911s so I can afford to get a couple. 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Unless you prefer the Fujimi branding, I've found Testors boxings to be more reasonably priced, frequently.

True, but the shipping usually is the deal breaker for me here in Canada. If they were reissued I could get them at my local shop for a comparable price without the shipping.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dave branson said:

Got the Novas from Ollie's, the Datsun 240 Z came in a trade with a club member, and the Lancia was purchased off of Ebay

The Datsun is a fun kit, I enjoyed doing one a few years ago.

And $12.99 for a kit in a store?! It's been an awul long time since it was possible to do the same here with the equivalent amount of £.....

First part of order from Hobby Link Japan. These kits are ridiculously priced on eBay and Amazon,  but very reasonable at HLJ. The trade off is that shipping seems a bit high, but domestic shipping is really high these days too.

By the way, these kits are very finely made, both Aoshima and Fujimi (and Hasegawa!). Domestic companies could learn something from them. 

IMG_0275.png

Edited by redscampi
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, redscampi said:

First part of order from Hobby Link Japan. These kits are ridiculously priced on eBay and Amazon,  but very reasonable at HLJ. The trade off is that shipping seems a bit high, but domestic shipping is really high these days too.

By the way, these kits are very finely made, both Aoshima and Fujimi (and Hasegawa!). Domestic companies could learn something from them. 

IMG_0275.png

Nice haul!

8 hours ago, redscampi said:

IMG_0275.png

My LHS has the Nissan Terrano kit in stock. What is a reasonable price for this kit? I don’t need it but at some point would like to try some other kit manufacture then AMT, MPC etc.

6 minutes ago, Oldriginal86 said:

My LHS has the Nissan Terrano kit in stock. What is a reasonable price for this kit? I don’t need it but at some point would like to try some other kit manufacture then AMT, MPC etc.

It is $18 US at HLJ right now. Found it on eBay for $35 and about $7 to ship to me from Burbanks House of Hobbies. The only caveat I’d add is that most of these kits don’t have engines or opening hoods, so you might have to buy 3d printed motors if you’re going to detail under the hood. On the other hand things like wiper arms are molded separately on some kits and they are exquisite. The main thing is that you can’t find a lot of these domestically without paying through the nose, if at all. Europe may have better access.