Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

What's it like?

Its actually sorta neat,  and since  Ive found out the rear is correct and not out of scale ,its a 1 of  a kind Mickey Thompson piece,  this is actually a replica of his titianium frame Pinto ,   a rather detailed piece that builds nicely.   I just ordered Slixx decals for it today.

Its actually sorta neat,  and since  Ive found out the rear is correct and not out of scale ,its a 1 of  a kind Mickey Thompson piece,  this is actually a replica of his titianium frame Pinto ,   a rather detailed piece that builds nicely.   I just ordered Slixx decals for it today.

Cheers Troy.:D

The orange is for the Transit,the blue - whatever and the a/brush for shells etc - it is a replacement for a damaged unit.
2l8dhyp.jpg

That "Revell" airbrush looks amazingly like my Badger 350. It also looks like a Chinese copy of the Badger 350 I bought at a flea market for $12 or $15. (I only use it to spray Future, and so far it's worked for that just fine.)

Got some paints,now the W & G A35 hot rod (with hemi!) can go ahead...
6j1wlh.jpg

A 16th Roller.
339mwrm.jpg

Looks like I will have to lace the wheels together!
33fgnyh.jpg

Got a couple of oldies,the Dodge I have built before.
dpv0j7.jpg

The Celica is new to me however.
zwwyko.jpgdodge

I was pleasantly surprised when opening this as it is NOT a kerbside and has a nice V12!
25yuj34.jpg

The bad actor I always wanted but never got,while the other one has a twin turbo V8!
110lhxi.jpg

Have three of these now...
244efc5.jpg

The bug is a repop of the Lindberg kit and slightly large....
afd5xl.jpg

Never had this a sprint car
2l9319h.jpg

Extremely nice haul!!, I've got most of those, and they are great kits!

Got my order from Flintstone yesterday. Ordered the chopped 55 and the chopped A100 for a buddy of mine

http://.

I also asked if they could send me a replacement grille for the Matranga Merc that I have. The grille I had was missing a small piece of the corner. They sent me two for free.

http://

They also sent me this.

http://

Cool!

Later- 

My Modelhaus order arrived! Ordered on May 15  about 5 months, expected over 6. 

49%20Cadillac%20Series%2062%20Fastback%2

49%20Buick%20Roadmaster%20Modelhaus%20DS

so long, Don and hope you have a long retirement

Two very cool cars. I love GM's fastback from that time period. More reasons I wish they were staying in business. My last order was put in about the same time as yours. I ordered their '67 Grand Prix convertible. Hopefully I see it soon then.

That "Revell" airbrush looks amazingly like my Badger 350. It also looks like a Chinese copy of the Badger 350 I bought at a flea market for $12 or $15. (I only use it to spray Future, and so far it's worked for that just fine.)

Was going to use it today but mislaid the bit that goes between the brush to connect it with my comp.....Very annoyed as I wanted to test out some Zero paints gloss black!

At a flea market today, found 2 of those "1/25 scale-ish" Hallmark Harley-Davidson Christmas Tree Ornaments:  the 1936 EL and the 2011 Street Glide Trike. Since others have asked about them, this is what they look like. Not bad, except for the obvious hanging-ring that will need to be cut off.

b1.JPG

b2.JPG

b3.JPG

My Modelhaus order arrived! Ordered on May 15  about 5 months, expected over 6.

Cool..I have a Modelhaus order from May 15th I'm also waiting on...and ones from June 15th and July 3rd. 

Mine was May 15th as well - looks like my '56 Plymouth will have its interior soon, and my '61 T-bird promo will be complete. Watching the mailbox...

I also placed my last Modelhaus order back on May 19th and also ordered a '56 Plymouth interior which I'll be using in a '55 Plymouth promo.  I also ordered a '50 Nash kit, a '57 Desoto kit, a '57 Lincoln kit and a '59 Oldsmobile kit.  I'm very glad I placed the order when I did.

At a flea market today, found 2 of those "1/25 scale-ish" Hallmark Harley-Davidson Christmas Tree Ornaments:  the 1936 EL and the 2011 Street Glide Trike. Since others have asked about them, this is what they look like. Not bad, except for the obvious hanging-ring that will need to be cut off.

b2.JPG

Cool. I might have to pick one of these up ,,,just to set in my case as contrast.

Cool. I might have to pick one of these up ,,,just to set in my case as contrast.

I started buying these Maisto diecast motorcycles for my son years ago when I was in my hardcore riding days.

Must have bought him at least a couple dozen cruisers from Harley Davidson to Yamaha & all sorts of customs.

Not really sure of the scale, but they look pretty close to 1/25th & the detail isn't bad.

Not sure if they sell a lot of these anymore, but they used to have dozens of different models.

Steve

photo DSCN5583_zpst5ajjyfx.jpg photo DSCN5584_zpskmo2ojid.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...