Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Monthly local toy show. Some good scores:

*Original '75 Corvette Coupe promo molded in orange, a couple very minor scratches that will polish right out: $20

*Mint unbuilt complete AMT '59 Corvette, $22. The front end looks MUCH better than the '62. Maybe I can combine the two and get a '61 yet!

*'74 Vega promo with damaged and cleanly repaired A-pillar, $10

*'76 Monza with missing rear bumper and a little damage on front end, $10.

Couple other oddball goodies but those seemed like the most smokin' deals.

Monthly local toy show. Some good scores:

*Original '75 Corvette Coupe promo molded in orange, a couple very minor scratches that will polish right out: $20

*Mint unbuilt complete AMT '59 Corvette, $22. The front end looks MUCH better than the '62. Maybe I can combine the two and get a '61 yet!

*'74 Vega promo with damaged and cleanly repaired A-pillar, $10

*'76 Monza with missing rear bumper and a little damage on front end, $10.

Couple other oddball goodies but those seemed like the most smokin' deals.

I'll send you 30 bucks, and you can start boxing everything up to ship here to me, bro,....is that ok with you......:P:P...the Ace....

I'll send you 30 bucks, and you can start boxing everything up to ship here to me, bro,....is that ok with you......:P:P...the Ace....

For $30 you can have the Monza, shipped. It's a cool avocado green color. You'll like it! Awaiting your USPS money order.

Oh, wait, you're in Canada. I don't think I could send you anything for $30. Too bad.

For $30 you can have the Monza, shipped. It's a cool avocado green color. You'll like it! Awaiting your USPS money order.

Oh, wait, you're in Canada. I don't think I could send you anything for $30. Too bad.

I'm feeling a bit slighted here.....truly thought my parcel was en route.......you're a cruel, cruel man, Snake.........:lol::P....your bro, the Ace...

What did I get today? Pull up a chair...

Did anyone else here go to Hobby Heaven today for the annual sale? I took a nice drive up there with fellow forum members Tom and Jon, and Hobby Heaven is an apt name. For the price of one current kit at HL (without the coupon), I got this (plus three big bags of assorted parts not shown):

30746880921_00a48c5994_c.jpg

30718162772_ece495e2c8_c.jpg

Tan coupe is a very clean stock build, duplicating the one I built when I was seven (except for the "clean" part). Green one is a mild custom with a Buick nailhead and Riviera wire wheels. Black one is a collection of parts (needs hood, interior and glass) from the big bags. Pickup is a mild custom, original issue.

30718161992_d749482904_c.jpg

"I wanted a '60 Ford wagon in the worst way!" And that's just what I got. Roof cut off to make a sort-of-Ranchero (can fix); interior broken at the back seat (ditto) and the tailgate glass is missing (anyone parting a Deora?). The roofless '57 Country Squire may donate its innards to a Jimmy Flintstone body.

30746881231_f0f18a034c_c.jpg

Didn't realize this was the Aurora kit until I got it home. Looks complete or nearly so.

30203131684_6717a5a55d_c.jpg

And finally the '59 Shortenental. :blink: Windshield, wheelcovers and front bumper/grill are savable. Rear end treatment is a '59 Pontiac rear bumper mounted upside down with a lot of putty around it. :wacko:

Plus a lot of wheelcovers, a couple sets of AMT compact tires, a bunch of chrome (including the rear grille for my '61 Continental sedan) and a Revell gluebomb '55 Chevy stakebed that will yield the rest of the parts I need for my 1/48 school bus conversion. Good day all around. :)

What did I get today? Pull up a chair...

Did anyone else here go to Hobby Heaven today for the annual sale? I took a nice drive up there with fellow forum members Tom and Jon, and Hobby Heaven is an apt name. For the price of one current kit at HL (without the coupon), I got this (plus three big bags of assorted parts not shown):

30746880921_00a48c5994_c.jpg

30718162772_ece495e2c8_c.jpg

Tan coupe is a very clean stock build, duplicating the one I built when I was seven (except for the "clean" part). Green one is a mild custom with a Buick nailhead and Riviera wire wheels. Black one is a collection of parts (needs hood, interior and glass) from the big bags. Pickup is a mild custom, original issue.

30718161992_d749482904_c.jpg

"I wanted a '60 Ford wagon in the worst way!" And that's just what I got. Roof cut off to make a sort-of-Ranchero (can fix); interior broken at the back seat (ditto) and the tailgate glass is missing (anyone parting a Deora?). The roofless '57 Country Squire may donate its innards to a Jimmy Flintstone body.

30746881231_f0f18a034c_c.jpg

Didn't realize this was the Aurora kit until I got it home. Looks complete or nearly so.

30203131684_6717a5a55d_c.jpg

And finally the '59 Shortenental. :blink: Windshield, wheelcovers and front bumper/grill are savable. Rear end treatment is a '59 Pontiac rear bumper mounted upside down with a lot of putty around it. :wacko:

Plus a lot of wheelcovers, a couple sets of AMT compact tires, a bunch of chrome (including the rear grille for my '61 Continental sedan) and a Revell gluebomb '55 Chevy stakebed that will yield the rest of the parts I need for my 1/48 school bus conversion. Good day all around. :)

Great score Chris..

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...