Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I'm restoring a 1/1 1968 Charger RT for a good friend of  mine. And on his visit yesterday to ck out the car . He gave me this. 100% completely untouched original in a near  mint box and a flawless decal sheet. I asked how much I owed him all I got is ' its yours '

Its nice to have good friends to watch out for me at flea markets.

Ramchargers.JPG

I went to the LIARS  Model Car Challenge yesterday and swore I wasn't going to spend any money. There were a lot of cheap kits there, so who could resist?  So a few models followed me home.

I got the new Revell Bronco. I had intended to get one so I was glad Ron Bradley was there with his wall of new kits.  I haven't opened the box yet but Al Meske finished one this week and had it at the show.  

I picked up a Revell '66 El Camino,  and another Revell  Skip's Drive In VW Beetle convertible  for $10 each.  I didn't have the Elky as I shared mine with a friend who needed one,  and I needed another VW since I have a project of restoring several of this era Revell Beetles.

IMG 2579

Then I found this one for $10 as well.  It's a funky snap kit and I cannot find any reference to a 1:1 of it.  Some of us thought it may have been a copy of an AMC/Jeep showcar, but haven't found any evidence.   Anyway,  I already had two of these but couldn't pass it up for $10 either.  It's about the size of a Jeepster and I've been thinking about fitting that chassis under it to replace the toy like chassis and engine bay in the kit.  It would make a good addition to my dune buggy / small SUV collection.  

All in all, the show made for a good day.  I displayed a few models just for fun.  I had my Volare sitting in the Light Commercial category and had it marked "No Compete"  since it won first in that category in last years show.  Many thanks to the LIARS Club for their hospitality at this last event of the year!

I went to the LIARS  Model Car Challenge yesterday and swore I wasn't going to spend any money. There were a lot of cheap kits there, so who could resist?  So a few models followed me home.

I got the new Revell Bronco. I had intended to get one so I was glad Ron Bradley was there with his wall of new kits.  I haven't opened the box yet but Al Meske finished one this week and had it at the show.  

I picked up a Revell '66 El Camino,  and another Revell  Skip's Drive In VW Beetle convertible  for $10 each.  I didn't have the Elky as I shared mine with a friend who needed one,  and I needed another VW since I have a project of restoring several of this era Revell Beetles.

IMG 2579

Then I found this one for $10 as well.  It's a funky snap kit and I cannot find any reference to a 1:1 of it.  Some of us thought it may have been a copy of an AMC/Jeep showcar, but haven't found any evidence.   Anyway,  I already had two of these but couldn't pass it up for $10 either.  It's about the size of a Jeepster and I've been thinking about fitting that chassis under it to replace the toy like chassis and engine bay in the kit.  It would make a good addition to my dune buggy / small SUV collection.  

All in all, the show made for a good day.  I displayed a few models just for fun.  I had my Volare sitting in the Light Commercial category and had it marked "No Compete"  since it won first in that category in last years show.  Many thanks to the LIARS Club for their hospitality at this last event of the year!

Interesting and ugly. I've never seen that one before.

Right.

There has been a plastic avalanche.
I should know, because I triggered it. By attending the Scale Model World in Telford yesterday.

So here goes.

I was unable to leave this JoHan Olds 442 behind. It was even still sealed, until I rudely deflorated it.
003.jpg

This next one is not a car kit. In fact, I don't even care about the subject. Neither do I care about the scale.
But when I saw the box, I had that total Aaron Draplin moment, so I had to have it.
001.jpg

The contents are equally mint and it has a pre decimal price written on it, 4s 2d. Which was a lot of money for a plastic kit back then.
Yes, we are talking about an expensive hobby here.

Right. Next. Cars again.

Some Italian ex-pat made some hot rods in France. Being in full plastic Schlumpf mode, I want to own each and every one made as a plastic kit.
This is another gap in my collection filled:

001.jpg

I noticed that I don't own a single Mopar redneck icon. This has now been corrected.
001.jpg

When Chrysler Imperials were still Chrysler Imperials:
001.jpg

Some German sports car, just because I was in that mood:
001.jpg

And then. There was the catch of the day!

Just look. Just bloody LOOK, I say!

I got me this:

001.jpg

Whatever will happen to that surfer next, it won't feel good.

And when I returned home after a loooong day, Imagine my surprise finding a parcel containing this:

001.jpg

OMG NOT JB 007 GOLDFINGER. Hence totally worthless chod:

001.jpg

Edited by Junkman

1%20AMT-Ertl-125-CHEVROLET-GOODWRENCH-Ra

this one looks like a kit you'd find at a US flea market.  The vendor has been putting it out on the table every weekend for years and it's quite beat up and sun faded.  When he sees you looking at it he remarks,  "That's a genuine antique!"  and utters some outrageous price, which is why he's been carrying it around for years!

3 from ebay UK....................

1_zpsf9gmmh8e.jpg

1%20MPC%20Dodge%20Deora_zpsxtuxtcnd.jpg

Which I may do a 'woody' camper.

1%20AMT-Ertl-125-CHEVROLET-GOODWRENCH-Ra 

Which I may turn into a shop truck as the front end is rather old.

Pat, I hope the windscreen frame in your Deora kit is better than the one in mine, I think I have to glue mine shut. Let me know if you ever need parts to it, I have an extra kit!

Right.

There has been a plastic avalanche.
I should know, because I triggered it. By attending the Scale Model World in Telford yesterday.

So here goes.

I was unable to leave this JoHan Olds 442 behind. It was even still sealed, until I rudely deflorated it.
003.jpg

This next one is not a car kit. In fact, I don't even care about the subject. Neither do I care about the scale.
But when I saw the box, I had that total Aaron Draplin moment, so I had to have it.
001.jpg

The contents are equally mint and it has a pre decimal price written on it, 4s 2d. Which was a lot of money for a plastic kit back then.
Yes, we are talking about an expensive hobby here.

Right. Next. Cars again.

Some Italian ex-pat made some hot rods in France. Being in full plastic Schlumpf mode, I want to own each and every one made as a plastic kit.
This is another gap in my collection filled:

001.jpg

I noticed that I don't own a single Mopar redneck icon. This has now been corrected.
001.jpg

When Chrysler Imperials were still Chrysler Imperials:
001.jpg

Some German sports car, just because I was in that mood:
001.jpg

And then. There was the catch of the day!

Just look. Just bloody LOOK, I say!

I got me this:

001.jpg

Whatever will happen to that surfer next, it won't feel good.

And when I returned home after a loooong day, Imagine my surprise finding a parcel containing this:

001.jpg

OMG NOT JB 007 GOLDFINGER. Hence totally worthless chod:

001.jpg

Nice haul!! -I have that 442 kit, and the etching/ detail is outstanding for its time

Thank you!

Yeah, especially the engine detail of the Olds is just delightful.
I have at least one more of them, so I might actually build one. How about Agean Aqua with white interior and stripes?
This last one I got must be from the very last period of Jo-Han, hence it has no redlines printed on the tyres.
But the chrome is surprisingly spotless, something you don't always get with Jo-Han kits.

Thank you!

Yeah, especially the engine detail of the Olds is just delightful.
I have at least one more of them, so I might actually build one. How about Agean Aqua with white interior and stripes?
This last one I got must be from the very last period of Jo-Han, hence it has no redlines printed on the tyres.
But the chrome is surprisingly spotless, something you don't always get with Jo-Han kits.

I was amazed with this kit too. My chrome was excellent as well -it wasn't so heavy that it looked like it was dipped in chrome either. I think the color combo you are thinking about would be sweet!!  -Also, I have the older version of that Aston Marti DB4, and its an outstanding kit as well! -did yours come with the luggage?!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...