Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got one of the new Moebius '66 Ford F100 stepsides from Model Roundup today..looks good at first glance.  It has a straight 6, though there are two styles of chrome V8 valve covers on the parts trees.  2 sets of hubcaps w extra 4WD style hubcaps, a set of aftermarket wheels, 4 sets of mirrors, two styles of badging—-all parts for future variations.  

382CAEA5-0C27-47B7-82ED-9467031994D6.jpeg

IMG-1623.JPG

2v2Ek4awdxEMg7.jpg

2v2Ek4aQNxEMg7.jpg

2v2Ek4abrxEMg7.jpg

2v2Ek4a6rxEMg7.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

Back on April 5th I posted some pics of some kits a friend found in his barn. Well he found some more and again gave them to me. I offered to buy them but he said just take them. Most missing pieces were in the box they were in. For now, they are getting cleaned, loose pieces bagged and marked, and they will be displayed as-is. I'll rebuild them later... maybe.

IMG_20190511_231559.jpg

IMG_20190511_231607.jpg

IMG_20190511_231642.jpg

IMG_20190511_231701.jpg

IMG_20190511_231721.jpg

IMG_20190511_231755.jpg

IMG_20190511_231813.jpg

12 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Got one of the new Moebius '66 Ford F100 stepsides from Model Roundup today..looks good at first glance.  It has a straight 6, though there are two styles of chrome V8 valve covers on the parts trees.  2 sets of hubcaps w extra 4WD style hubcaps, a set of aftermarket wheels, 4 sets of mirrors, two styles of badging—-all parts for future variations.  

IMG-1623.JPG

2v2Ek4awdxEMg7.jpg

2v2Ek4aQNxEMg7.jpg

2v2Ek4abrxEMg7.jpg

2v2Ek4a6rxEMg7.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Rob...

12 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Looks like another absolutely fabulous offering from Moebius, which will no doubt begin getting picked apart in, 5.....4.....3.....2.... :rolleyes:

Steve

20 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

2v2Ek4a6rxEMg7.jpg

The chromed 10 hole wheels are new and there are two hood badges, one for V8 models and the other is for the 6 banger.  The rest of the extra chrome parts are carryover from the 69 -72 versions.  Any of the drivetrain parts from the 69-72 versions will drop right in for those that want to V8 power their Flareside pickup.  

-Steve

1 minute ago, SteveG said:

The chromed 10 hole wheels are new and there are two hood badges, one for V8 models and the other is for the 6 banger.  The rest of the extra chrome parts are carryover from the 69 -72 versions.  Any of the drivetrain parts from the 69-72 versions will drop right in for those that want to V8 power their Flareside pickup.  

-Steve

I'll probably get an extra step side to use the bed w/ a '69.  Originally planned on using a Revell '56 bed, but this should fit better. 

54 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I'll probably get an extra step side to use the bed w/ a '69.  Originally planned on using a Revell '56 bed, but this should fit better. 

Yes, the Flareside bed will drop right in on any of the Moebius 69-72 Shortbed pickups as they share the same frame. 

18 hours ago, Sledsel said:

IMG_20190511_231813.jpg

One heck of a friend you got there! If you need taillights for the '62 Imperial, besides the AMT and Revell kits, the AMT '63 Buick Electra had them as custom parts - might be easier to find someone selling off all the Buick's custom bits.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

2 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

One heck of a friend you got there! If you need taillights for the '62 Imperial, besides the AMT and Revell kits, the AMT '63 Buick Electra had them as custom parts - might be easier to find someone selling off all the Buick's custom bits.

Well, I got lucky, the Imperial tail lights were in the box with the kits. What I will be searching out is the tail lights for the 59 Edsel.

image.png.32f194cba7dee54c52da50e574b9bd0d.png

Went to the Mid-Atlantic NNL in Maryland yesterday and came home with the kits above.  I needed to grab a copy of the '78 Dodge pickup, and I've already cleaned up and primed the mini bike.  I bought the Dart and '57 Chrysler,  $10 each to use as parts cars.  I'm still stuck on those Ford Model As so I was lucky to find these,  the Woody for $15 and the Coupe for $13. Other dealers at the show had these at much higher prices!   Had nice lunch with friends,  saw lots of people and overall had a splendid day!

image.png.342d525500fa4c6e0a0455aea09bdcf9.png

Then out of nowhere they gave me this!   Absolutely floored, I had no expectations at all!   Thank you to the Mama Club! 

17 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

image.png.32f194cba7dee54c52da50e574b9bd0d.png

Went to the Mid-Atlantic NNL in Maryland yesterday and came home with the kits above.  I needed to grab a copy of the '78 Dodge pickup, and I've already cleaned up and primed the mini bike.  I bought the Dart and '57 Chrysler,  $10 each to use as parts cars.  I'm still stuck on those Ford Model As so I was lucky to find these,  the Woody for $15 and the Coupe for $13. Other dealers at the show had these at much higher prices!   Had nice lunch with friends,  saw lots of people and overall had a splendid day!

Then out of nowhere they gave me this!   Absolutely floored, I had no expectations at all!   Thank you to the Mama Club! 

Sweet!

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Congratulations Tom!

On 5/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, Plashdaddy said:

On 5/2/2019 at 5:30 PM, SfanGoch said:

On 5/2/2019 at 6:17 PM, Mark said:

On 5/3/2019 at 5:39 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Edited by Sam I Am

On 5/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, Plashdaddy said:

I got this one in a Facebook Marketplace deal, it’s all there too! I’ve been offered a Monogram ‘Boss A Bone’ Box, decals & instructions (But no model dammit!) from the same seller, but have no idea what to offer for it.

02798350-1483-4214-AF94-73A6AA853E60.jpeg

5F5B1E64-3E19-4B25-BDD9-95CE4A792845.jpeg

On 5/2/2019 at 5:30 PM, SfanGoch said:

Nice! In contrast to what others say about this kit,  I like it.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:17 PM, Mark said:

The '55 is still quite buildable, but has some quirks (one rear inner wheelwell is wider than the other) in addition to the flashing issues.  The hinges in all of these kits are sloppy also.

The '57 hardtop is the next "least worst": problems include poor rear glass fit, lack of headlamp buckets, frame mounts that are supposed to attach to the bellhousing miss by a mile, and so on.  All of the old Tri-Five kits have post-'57 engine blocks with side engine mount bosses and ram's horn exhaust manifolds too.

If you must have the '56 sedan, get a first issue kit.  Later issues are unbuildable: windshield and rear glass fall through the openings among other things.  Only a glutton for punishment should attempt the '57 Nomad.

On 5/3/2019 at 5:39 AM, Tom Geiger said:

That would be me!  I fell in love with the box art as a kid and would buy that kit as a 10 year old, and hopelessly fail at building it.  Then at 11 I'd reason I was older and try again, same results!  Never did get one together.

This is so funny,  I  agree with everything said above yet I did not get burned out on them as a kid. Here is what I have as of now in the stash. :D

20190512_220915.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am

6 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

This is so funny,  I  agree with everything said above yet I did not get burned out on them as a kid. Here is what I have as of now in the stash. :D

I do have all those Tri-Fives in my stash, but I don't think I'll attempt to build them.  There are so many better kits of those today!

Then who am I to speak?  I'm stuck on the old Monogram  Model As tooled in the early 1960s!

MVC-010S

Here's my last attempt at the Nomad.  When I got back to modeling in the late 1980s (that's back in the last century!)  My first attempt at a model was the Johan Studebaker Lark Convertible.  I did well on that one so I progressed on to the AMT '57 Ford.  That also went well for me, my first full detail kit. I even wired the engine.   I figured that finally as an adult, I was up to the task!  So I started this one.  

That's Testors metallic crimson over gold paint as primer. I had learned about BMF at that point and was pretty good at it.  I even tried to flock the carpet.  There are some rooky blunders here, and I didn't know enough to fit, sand and fit again, so I'm stuck with some of the wonky fit.  And there are parts that are just awful, like the two hood vent rockets.

Today, I still have this kit in my unfinished kit pile.  I do have an extra one for parts as well as a pristine one with my favorite box art. I had Bob Paeth sign it, priceless!

Mvc-001s

Maybe NOW I can finish this kit!  After all I am a big boy now!   :lol:

MVC-014S

10 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Does the Chrysler have the custom wheelcovers that look like Caddy Sabres? Please PM me if you want to trade 'em. Congrats on your win!

image.png.0b65516376a8809a5b0c7eb181d09c90.png

Chris- Here's what's in the box!   Let me know if this is what you are looking for,  and I'll shoot them in the mail.

Overall, a bit disappointed in this "Custom" kit.  All that is different is the grille, carb set up, added chrome valve covers, swapped door mounted mirror with a spot light. I was hoping that the interior was custom.. maybe pleated or something cool, but nope, it's bone stock.  I had bought the kit for the custom seat patterns I anticipated, to use in a '59 Buick project.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

I do have all those Tri-Fives in my stash, but I don't think I'll attempt to build them.  There are so many better kits of those today!

Then who am I to speak?  I'm stuck on the old Monogram  Model As tooled in the early 1960s!

MVC-010S

Here's my last attempt at the Nomad.  When I got back to modeling in the late 1980s (that's back in the last century!)  My first attempt at a model was the Johan Studebaker Lark Convertible.  I did well on that one so I progressed on to the AMT '57 Ford.  That also went well for me, my first full detail kit. I even wired the engine.   I figured that finally as an adult, I was up to the task!  So I started this one.  

That's Testors metallic crimson over gold paint as primer. I had learned about BMF at that point and was pretty good at it.  I even tried to flock the carpet.  There are some rooky blunders here, and I didn't know enough to fit, sand and fit again, so I'm stuck with some of the wonky fit.  And there are parts that are just awful, like the two hood vent rockets.

Today, I still have this kit in my unfinished kit pile.  I do have an extra one for parts as well as a pristine one with my favorite box art. I had Bob Paeth sign it, priceless!

Mvc-001s

MVC-014S

Maybe you are old enough to finish it. I would be thrilled to see it done. I know I need to build mine as well. Maybe a double build will help motivate both of us? ? After all, I am a big boy now too. ?

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Looks like another absolutely fabulous offering from Moebius, which will no doubt begin getting picked apart in, 5.....4.....3.....2.... :rolleyes:

Steve

:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

MVC-010S

MVC-014S

Looks like an excellent candidate for our Bring Out Your Dead/GITTER DONE builds, Tom! B)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...