Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 5/27/2019 at 7:17 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

Picked up this NOS set of MPC '64 Vette tires on the 'Bay; 8.00 x 14 Firestone 500s. Not something you see every day (I don't think even Modelhaus Tires makes them); I may use them with some Keystones on my '65 Monaco.

64 vette firestone 500s 2.jpg

I have a set of them for a 63 Bonneville build. My Dad had a set of them on his 62 Starfire.

'70 Grande got me these parts, so I could build my '68 Chevy pickup now.  Or whenever I get a wild hair.  I already see the taillights are upside down, so will have to fix that. LOL Replicating the fender and door badges will be fun. 

IMG_0522_Fotor.jpg

IMG_9939_Fotor.jpg

On 5/22/2019 at 8:21 PM, RichCostello said:

Now that's something completely different, I haven't reached that level of insanity(or skill) yet LOL. I just think a 66 version will look cool next to the 56, and that Foose kit is one of my all time favorites.

That diorama is amazing!

I agree about the diorama. I had to really look to see that is wasn't real. 

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I still want that pickup!  :D    But I guess I'll settle for watching you build a model of it!  

:D  You too, can search the Facebook Marketplace for your own!  I had started using the Auto Trader site, but it was worthless.

On 9/15/2007 at 6:53 PM, lordairgtar said:

I got me a 2004 GTO kit for three bucks at the Farm and Fleet (don't ask)  

There used to be a chain in Ohio called Quality Farm & Fleet, similar to Tractor Supply Company and others today..I remember shopping at them as a kid w/ my Dad and they had of ERTL products (diecast, farm toys, etc incl. ERTL models (pre-AMT/ERTL era). 

Edited by Rob Hall

6 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

There used to be a chain in Ohio called Quality Farm & Fleet, similar to Tractor Supply Company and others today..I remember shopping at them as a kid w/ my Dad and they had of ERTL products (diecast, farm toys, etc incl. ERTL models (pre-AMT/ERTL era). 

I remember going into a Los Angeles toy store MANY years ago, that had the 1/25 scale ERTL plastic kits marked way down for clearance - farm tractors,  Scouts, semis, farm equipment etc.  I've often regretted not buying every single one.  But I remember at model swap meets for quite a few years, those kits usually went cheap.  Especially oddballs like the Bicentennial farm tractor.

Flea Market Day today, and I must be getting old or something. I saw for sale, but didn't buy, a Round 2 '65 Lincoln, '70 Impala and an original AMT '66 Nova. All were shrink-wrapped. But I already have those kits and am really trying to cut down on buying more.

Another seller had a big box full of very old 1/72 scale aircraft kits.  Somebody must have loved the obscure Martin Baltimore bomber, because several of those were in the box.  Including Baltimore kits from Special Hobby, FROG, the Novo re-issue of the FROG kit, etc. I have the Eastern Express Baltimore, which is just the old FROG kit in a new box.

Edited by Mike999
goof

1 hour ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

I like both of those Transkits Ron, might just have to go searching for them...where you buy 'em???

No doubt from C1 Models...   www.c1-models.com

Chris Hales is a great guy to deal with!  He comes to NNL East every year from England

6 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

No doubt from C1 Models...   www.c1-models.com

Chris Hales is a great guy to deal with!  He comes to NNL East every year from England

I did get them  straight from Chris off his web site. I've dealt with him in the passed and its always a straight forward transaction with this order taking around three weeks to arrive.

Edited by Roncla
spelling

This 1:43 scale 1950's Morris Minor Traveller arrived today, by Vanguards / Lledo, and includes the original box in very good condition, also tax disc and a couple of wing mirrors to glue on to the front wings. Nice scale model car in mint condition and a low price too. I like the 1953 tax disc that is included, and the separate wing mirrors is a good idea, which saves them getting broken in the post. This 1:43 scale version compares well to the larger 1:24 scale version of the same car.

David

100_7675.JPG

100_7682.JPG

100_7684.JPG

I actually bought them yesterday. The '50 Chevy pickup was a factory sealed "promo type" model that was molded in a gaudy yellow Orange color . The Chevy Dually  is also a "promo type kit" but was already built, while the Dodge dually in Black and red is a Promo. The Other Dodge dually is a "promo type" kit that was also already built. The Hummer was built , but was red, and I took it apart to do the Olive drab paint. while the 41 woody (pre painted ) is missing the center grill left side bottom grill, and front bumper. I paid $10 for the '50 Chevy Pickup, and $2.00 each for the other's.

DSC03879.JPG

DSC03878.JPG

DSC03877.JPG

DSC03874.JPG

DSC03875.JPG

DSC03876.JPG

I had this thing growing on my arm for years, and I finally had the surgeon remove it. Was a dermal cyst. Anyway, I find that hospitals no longer use the autoclave to sterilize surgical tools. They throw them away and open a new pack with the tools they need. I was able to get the tools the nurse used to remove the sutures...a tweezer and a scissors which should be good for dealing photo etch. They are made in Pakistan just like the dental tools Micro Mark sells for bending wire. Really good stuff.

Got these in recent trades with SamIAm and Gramps46, respectively. Not sure what year the 1st gen Corvair is (the chassis is one-piece with molded in engine, if that helps) so I'll call it a '64 until someone can tell me different. A funky-cool early '60s custom! The Revell dune buggy is called a Super Safari, I believe, and should look good when rebuilt next to the EMPI Imp I've been restoring for a while (and nearing completion). Looking forward to diving in on both of these, as soon as I get a couple of BOYD builds cleared off the bench. 

64Corvair02.jpg.5b6ed4317294fcfd9675dca640a84a11.jpg

ASuperSafari002.jpg.f1dc81dacafdf09b0f4686ef29f46d51.jpg

The Corvair is a '62; the Stylizing parts that are on it were included in the kit.

The '60 kit was a four-door, '61 was a convertible with separate glue-on top.  '63 was a convertible molded in turquoise or light blue, '64 was a coupe like the '62 but every '64 I have seen was molded in yellow.  

None of the early Corvair kits had engine detail, but the '62 did include a display engine.  I've got a built '62 that someone cut the car up to put the display engine in.  The display engine may have been incorporated into the parts pack with the Chrysler engine later on, I've never checked one against the other.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...